Questions

how configure extrenal pop3 email in exchnage server 2003 ?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

how configure extrenal pop3 email in exchnage server 2003 ?

samisalem
hi all
i have win sever 2003 and exchange 2003 enterprise , and i want configure external email like this "sami@balfakih.com" where the domain email address"mail.balfakih.com" , if can connect this email with local email such as "sami@balfakih.local" without external tools such popcon
  • +
    0 Votes
    seanferd

In the example "sami@balfakih.com", do you own "balfakih.com" and have publicly hosted DNS records for this domain?

Does this mail currently go to an email provider, and you just want to pull the email from the providers servers, or do you want the Exchange server to receive mail directly from the internet? All popcon seems to do is to set up the former for you. If that's all you want, the Outlook clients can do this themselves. I wouldn't know how to make Exchange do that.

• +
    0 Votes
    seanferd

In the example "sami@balfakih.com", do you own "balfakih.com" and have publicly hosted DNS records for this domain?

Does this mail currently go to an email provider, and you just want to pull the email from the providers servers, or do you want the Exchange server to receive mail directly from the internet? All popcon seems to do is to set up the former for you. If that's all you want, the Outlook clients can do this themselves. I wouldn't know how to make Exchange do that.