Questions

Answer for:

How do I COMPLETELY remove all spyware and set strongest security settings?

Message 4 of 39

View entire thread
+
2 Votes
n_kahnman

I'm sorry but the only suggestion (and probably most effective one) I can make here in this limited space/time is to secure your wireless router/modem. You will need to do some research on the manufacturer/model of the router/modem your internet service provider supplied you with (for example is it a d-link, smc, netgear, cisco). Most router/modems will have a page you can log into to setup/customize/secure the device. For a novice these settings can be very confusing and honestly you would be better to get someone experienced to do it for you (I know myself I charge $20-40 to secure a wireless router/modem and it takes less then an hour to do but not sure what you would have to pay where you are). There are alot of different settings (router password, lan settings, wifi security and settings, mac address filtering...) that need to be changed to truly secure your internal network (lan) and unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment to type it all in here. Once the router is secure you would be wise to save all your data (pics, documents...) from all of your pc's and reload them to the original factory received setting. There are also settings on your phone/s that could be allowing the intruder to gain access (bluetooth, mobile network settings...) and to be honest I have 'zero' experience on apple products so I can't offer any help there but maybe someone on here who works with apple products can. Also once your router/network is secured and all of your pc's are reloaded go and change ALL of your passwords to all of your mail accounts, social network, banking, ebay, websites you visit... etc. Sorry I couldn't offer more detailed instructions but hopefully this will give you an idea of some of the steps required and good luck.