Answer for:

How do i connect my network sockets

Message 12 of 11

View entire thread
1 Votes

If you are talking about Ethernet, then you use what's called a punch-down tool to connect the individual wires to both the ethernet plug on the end of the cable as well as the ethernet jack in the wall. Often a package of ethernet jacks will come with a simple plastic punch-down tool, as it's similar to a small flat-blade screwdriver.

the most common pair-sequence for the wires is called EIA-568B, which is outlined in the following link: