Questions

How do I delete all bulleted texts in WORD 2003 via EDIT > REPLACE menu?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

How do I delete all bulleted texts in WORD 2003 via EDIT > REPLACE menu?

sck52462
With the new Tech Republics blog format, when I copy the comments and paste in WORD 2003 there appears under the commentators' names the following:
??? Reply
??? Favorite
0 Votes
+ -
I would like to get rid of the above 4 items with the EDIT > REPLACE menu to get rid of all of them at one go. I succeed in getting rid of " 0 Votes" but not the other 3 items.

Thank you,
SCK52462
  • +
    0 Votes
    sck52462

I am a computer user who would like to learn to be a bit more competent, so I can fiddle on my own. I find so many interesting blogs here. So, I take notes so that I can look up when I need later. Often I find the discussions here go over my head, I just pick up what I can; and if they are the topics I hope to master I will copy them hoping I will come round to understand them sooner or later -- like this question I am asking. .

+
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

With Excel, you can sort on rows, split columns using certain characters, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't know a a way of doing a multiple-item search/replace in one pass.

+
    0 Votes
    sck52462

Thank you for your answer. So, I proceed:
    1. Copy all the comments in the blog
    2. Open an excel sheet and paste the content into cell B1.
    3. On the cell A1 till the last row with content, number the row in ascending order.
    4. Sort column B in ascending or descending order.
    5. Delete the rows with unwanted words such as : 0 Votes, Reply, Flag, Favorite etc.
    6. Sort the table with the numbers in Column A in ascending order.
    7. Delete the numbering column 1
    8. Copy the table.
    9. Paste into WORD. The content now appears in WORD as table.
    10. Merge rows to get rid of lines underlining each row.

So, 10 steps are needed, not counting some 5 additional steps or more to delete in and tidying the excel sheet. And probably another 5 ??? 10 steps are needed to fix the commenters??? pics in WORD depending on how fuzzy you are.

As the saying goes: Perfect is the enemy of good.

+
    0 Votes
    sck52462

After I post my question here, I came across Susan Harkins??? blog: ???Use Word's Replace to transpose a column of names???

Two comments therein recommend copying the webpage by starting from the end to the beginning of the webpage. I also pick up a few tips there about eliminating copied character format after pasting into WORD with Ctrl + Space and ...

See http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/msoffice/use-words-replace-to-transpose-a-column-of-names/4156?tag=content;siu-container Published on November 22, 2010, 2:27 PM PST. Comments 8th ??? 13th.

• +
    0 Votes
    sck52462

I am a computer user who would like to learn to be a bit more competent, so I can fiddle on my own. I find so many interesting blogs here. So, I take notes so that I can look up when I need later. Often I find the discussions here go over my head, I just pick up what I can; and if they are the topics I hope to master I will copy them hoping I will come round to understand them sooner or later -- like this question I am asking. .

+
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

With Excel, you can sort on rows, split columns using certain characters, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't know a a way of doing a multiple-item search/replace in one pass.

+
    0 Votes
    sck52462

Thank you for your answer. So, I proceed:
    1. Copy all the comments in the blog
    2. Open an excel sheet and paste the content into cell B1.
    3. On the cell A1 till the last row with content, number the row in ascending order.
    4. Sort column B in ascending or descending order.
    5. Delete the rows with unwanted words such as : 0 Votes, Reply, Flag, Favorite etc.
    6. Sort the table with the numbers in Column A in ascending order.
    7. Delete the numbering column 1
    8. Copy the table.
    9. Paste into WORD. The content now appears in WORD as table.
    10. Merge rows to get rid of lines underlining each row.

So, 10 steps are needed, not counting some 5 additional steps or more to delete in and tidying the excel sheet. And probably another 5 ??? 10 steps are needed to fix the commenters??? pics in WORD depending on how fuzzy you are.

As the saying goes: Perfect is the enemy of good.

+
    0 Votes
    sck52462

After I post my question here, I came across Susan Harkins??? blog: ???Use Word's Replace to transpose a column of names???

Two comments therein recommend copying the webpage by starting from the end to the beginning of the webpage. I also pick up a few tips there about eliminating copied character format after pasting into WORD with Ctrl + Space and ...

See http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/msoffice/use-words-replace-to-transpose-a-column-of-names/4156?tag=content;siu-container Published on November 22, 2010, 2:27 PM PST. Comments 8th ??? 13th.