Questions

How do I get Outlook 2007 to work?

Tags:
+
1 Votes

How do I get Outlook 2007 to work?

scrips49
I purchased Microsoft Office and installed it on my Windows 7 PC. Word and Excel have accepted the authorisation code but Outlook hasn't so I have lost the features of Outlook but the other programs work great. I have downloaded Mozilla to deal with my emails but would like to use Outlook as I need to synchronise the Calender with my phone.
Any ideas?
  • +
    1 Votes
    PurpleSkys Moderator

with your local ISP? I'm a little confused with your statement "Word and Excel have accepted the authorisation code but Outlook hasn't so I have lost the features of Outlook ". Office itself will accept the authorization code, not individual programs within.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

PS here I think you'll find that the system came preloaded with the Office 2007/2010 Trial and you are prompted to Buy a License after you exceed the 30 Day Trial Period.

Then if you buy a Home or Student License it only activates the parts of Office that are covered by that Product Key so under those conditions you would have Outlook installed but inactive.

It's more than a bit of a Trap for the Unwary when they buy new hardware.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Not all Versions have all programs and if you used a Product Key for a Low End Version of Office it may not have Outlook as part of it.

So if you got the Home or Student Version of Office it doesn't have Outlook.

However if you have it installed you should just need to set it up which may very well be your problem. If you bought a version of Office that doesn't have Outlook it wouldn't be present on your System.

But if your Computer came preloaded with Office and you have to buy a Product Key which is common with new Computers then you'll have several applications like Publisher, Outlook that are present on your computer but do not work.

if you want these to work you need to buy a Higher Version of Office and use that Product Key.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    scrips49

Sorry been away so a bit slow in replying. In answer to your questions. I bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 from Argos as I bought a new PC from them. It wasn't preloaded but a stand alone disc.
    I set up my email address as normal but it was only after 30 days that Outlook stopped working yet all the other software works perfectly.
    Also when I open Excel or Word or Powerpoint they will give me the screen where I read the product ID.But in Outlook that doesn't show a number at all. Yet all the programs are on the same disc and were loaded at the same time.
    I have 3 licences on this disc, do you think I should just re-install and try again?

+
    0 Votes
    bill9

you said "I bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 from Argos as I bought a new PC from them". If the current software that you bought is Office Home & Student 2007 then outlook is not covered by your license. You have to buy professional version to gain outlook.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Do not have Outlook as part of the package.

If you look here you can see what is included in the Version of Office that you bought and Outlook isn't part of that package.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=380

If you want Outlook you need the Basic Version or the Standard Version or Higher. Home & Student doesn't include Outlook.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    scrips49

Thanks very much, I didn't realise

Thanks for your advice

• +
    1 Votes
    PurpleSkys Moderator

with your local ISP? I'm a little confused with your statement "Word and Excel have accepted the authorisation code but Outlook hasn't so I have lost the features of Outlook ". Office itself will accept the authorization code, not individual programs within.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

PS here I think you'll find that the system came preloaded with the Office 2007/2010 Trial and you are prompted to Buy a License after you exceed the 30 Day Trial Period.

Then if you buy a Home or Student License it only activates the parts of Office that are covered by that Product Key so under those conditions you would have Outlook installed but inactive.

It's more than a bit of a Trap for the Unwary when they buy new hardware.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Not all Versions have all programs and if you used a Product Key for a Low End Version of Office it may not have Outlook as part of it.

So if you got the Home or Student Version of Office it doesn't have Outlook.

However if you have it installed you should just need to set it up which may very well be your problem. If you bought a version of Office that doesn't have Outlook it wouldn't be present on your System.

But if your Computer came preloaded with Office and you have to buy a Product Key which is common with new Computers then you'll have several applications like Publisher, Outlook that are present on your computer but do not work.

if you want these to work you need to buy a Higher Version of Office and use that Product Key.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    scrips49

Sorry been away so a bit slow in replying. In answer to your questions. I bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 from Argos as I bought a new PC from them. It wasn't preloaded but a stand alone disc.
    I set up my email address as normal but it was only after 30 days that Outlook stopped working yet all the other software works perfectly.
    Also when I open Excel or Word or Powerpoint they will give me the screen where I read the product ID.But in Outlook that doesn't show a number at all. Yet all the programs are on the same disc and were loaded at the same time.
    I have 3 licences on this disc, do you think I should just re-install and try again?

+
    0 Votes
    bill9

you said "I bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 from Argos as I bought a new PC from them". If the current software that you bought is Office Home & Student 2007 then outlook is not covered by your license. You have to buy professional version to gain outlook.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Do not have Outlook as part of the package.

If you look here you can see what is included in the Version of Office that you bought and Outlook isn't part of that package.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=380

If you want Outlook you need the Basic Version or the Standard Version or Higher. Home & Student doesn't include Outlook.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    scrips49

Thanks very much, I didn't realise

Thanks for your advice