Questions

How do I know RDP is operational WITHIN the LAN on server2000?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

How do I know RDP is operational WITHIN the LAN on server2000?

broozm
Terminal services in remote administration mode on our standalone windows 2000 Server SP4 has stopped working after many years of service. (I get the standard "computer is not accepting connections.. blah blah"
From the server - how can I verify that the RDP function (service?) is installed and working correctly [leaving network issues aside] - before I uninstall and reinstall it?

Once I uninstall it - do I really need to reboot - or can I reinstall without rebooting?

(I suppose I had better also check that it is possible to RDP to oneself? ie run the rdp connection to server01 whilst logged onto the console of server01 as administrator!?)

By way of explanation, I haven't got any other PCclients on the same subnet as the server01, - which is why I haven't used one of those to check it. And the translation across the subnets has been disabled by other network changes.. so I want to fix one problem at a time:)

TIA
  • +
    0 Votes
    lowlands

Try to rdp from the server console to itself. Open mstsc and enter servers ip or localhost.
    Check on the server if port 3389 is open (using netstat.

try to do <b>telnet servername 3389</b>.

• +
    0 Votes
    lowlands

Try to rdp from the server console to itself. Open mstsc and enter servers ip or localhost.
    Check on the server if port 3389 is open (using netstat.

try to do <b>telnet servername 3389</b>.