Questions

How do I know which x86 drivers to use with 2008R2

+
0 Votes

How do I know which x86 drivers to use with 2008R2

lcave
I am suffering through server 2008R2 printing. I know I need x86 drivers to connect my XP and win 2K clients. My question is what drivers do I download from the HP website? XP drivers, Win 2K drivers, Server 2003 drivers. I haven't a clue.

Can someone help.

Thank you.
  • +
    0 Votes

Open Print Management.

In the left pane, click Print Servers, click the applicable print server, and then click Printers.

In the center pane, right-click the printer to which you want to add additional printer drivers, and then click Manage Sharing.

Click Additional Drivers. The Additional Drivers dialog box appears.

Select the check box of the processor architecture for which you want to add drivers.

For example, if the print server is running an x64-based edition of Windows, select the x86 check box to install 32-bit version printer drivers for client computers running 32-bit versions of Windows, this will be for Windows XP and for Windows 2000 operating systems.

If the print server does not already have the appropriate printer drivers in its driver store, Windows prompts you for the location of the driver files. Download and extract the appropriate driver files, and then in the dialog box that appears, specify the path to the .inf file of the driver.

...You might not be able to extract some printer drivers without installing them. If this is the case, log on to a client computer that uses the same processor architecture as the printer drivers that you want to add to the print server, and install those printer drivers. Then use Print Management from the client computer to connect to the print server, and add the additional drivers from the Additional Drivers dialog box. Windows automatically uploads the drivers from the client computer to the print server....

To update or change printer drivers for a printer

1. Open Print Management.

2. In the left pane, click Print Servers, click the applicable print server, and then click Printers.

3. In the center pane, right-click the printer with the driver that you want to change or update, and then click Properties.

4. Click the Advanced tab.

5. Select a new driver from the Driver box, or click New Driver to install a new printer driver.

Hope this is of help to you. :)

• +
    0 Votes

Open Print Management.

In the left pane, click Print Servers, click the applicable print server, and then click Printers.

In the center pane, right-click the printer to which you want to add additional printer drivers, and then click Manage Sharing.

Click Additional Drivers. The Additional Drivers dialog box appears.

Select the check box of the processor architecture for which you want to add drivers.

For example, if the print server is running an x64-based edition of Windows, select the x86 check box to install 32-bit version printer drivers for client computers running 32-bit versions of Windows, this will be for Windows XP and for Windows 2000 operating systems.

If the print server does not already have the appropriate printer drivers in its driver store, Windows prompts you for the location of the driver files. Download and extract the appropriate driver files, and then in the dialog box that appears, specify the path to the .inf file of the driver.

...You might not be able to extract some printer drivers without installing them. If this is the case, log on to a client computer that uses the same processor architecture as the printer drivers that you want to add to the print server, and install those printer drivers. Then use Print Management from the client computer to connect to the print server, and add the additional drivers from the Additional Drivers dialog box. Windows automatically uploads the drivers from the client computer to the print server....

To update or change printer drivers for a printer

1. Open Print Management.

2. In the left pane, click Print Servers, click the applicable print server, and then click Printers.

3. In the center pane, right-click the printer with the driver that you want to change or update, and then click Properties.

4. Click the Advanced tab.

5. Select a new driver from the Driver box, or click New Driver to install a new printer driver.

Hope this is of help to you. :)