Questions

Answer for:

How good are no-frills DVDs?

Message 10 of 15

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
Healer

What LordSmurf says is very technical? I have been trying to find out the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R and why DVD-R only is recommended. What do we usually get by default from the shops? Do all burners and software applications work on those with single layer and double layers.

After reading all these, especially LordSmurf's, my understanding is as clear as mud. You all seem to say I still need to do trial and error because no costly blanks guarantee to work all the time whereas cheapies could work too. In fact I burned few DVDs especially in the recent times. All the time I bought the cheapest available and they all worked until last few days when I wanted to burn one. I found those blanks from the spindle that used to work on my laptop before no longer work.

By the way, I have a question on the side. Why do some people like you have a URL split up with a space while posted in a forum? What is the purpose? I didn't do it because I don't know of a reason. Is it something of etiquette?