Questions

how to assign ip addresses to mac addresses in speedtouch 585 v6

+
0 Votes

how to assign ip addresses to mac addresses in speedtouch 585 v6

gawaher.com
Greetings

I've got a speedtouch 585 v6 router and use it for sharing a dsl connection with neighbors. Each neighbor has an account to connect 1 computer. But some neighbors subscribe for 1 account yet connect 2 computers at the same time. So I wonder if there is a way to prevent them from connecting more than 1 computer. I read that some routers are able to assign a static ip address for a specific mac address. Can that be done in speedtouch 585 v6?
The web interface is very basic and has no firewall controls. But it seems that the router can do a lot, using telnet.

Can someone please guide me as to how to create rules using telnet, and how to assign specific IP addresses to specific mac addresses?

Many thanks in advance.
  • +
    0 Votes
    gawaher.com

anyone please?

+
    0 Votes

gawaher.com

anyone please?
    is this a dead forum or what??
    I've been waiting for almost a month for any reply..!!

+
    0 Votes
    dan

Although there is a tick box in the GUI interface which says something along the lines of "Always assign this device the same IP" - which is essentially what you're after, you'll find that if you TELNET to the router there's a lot more options (you just need to know what all the commands do - if in doubt, type "?"!

• +
    0 Votes
    gawaher.com

anyone please?

+
    0 Votes

gawaher.com

anyone please?
    is this a dead forum or what??
    I've been waiting for almost a month for any reply..!!

+
    0 Votes
    dan

Although there is a tick box in the GUI interface which says something along the lines of "Always assign this device the same IP" - which is essentially what you're after, you'll find that if you TELNET to the router there's a lot more options (you just need to know what all the commands do - if in doubt, type "?"!