Questions

How to fix an error message in Installing Office 2007?

+
0 Votes

How to fix an error message in Installing Office 2007?

stbrown09
I am trying to install Office 2007 on an XP system that has Office 2003.

I keep getting the error message, "Setup cannot find
Enterprise.WW\EnterWW.cab"
  • +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

the 32 or 64 Bit Version? If it's the 64 Bit Version you need a 64 Bit OS.

Also you should remove the older version of Office before attempting to install a new version.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

that the EnterWW.cab file is either missing or corrupt.

how did you get this version of office, did you download it, or did you get straight disc from Microsoft? If you downloaded it, re-download it, as a small glitch in the download may have resulted in a corrupt file. If you got discs from Microsoft, give Microsoft support a call, and they should be able to send you out a new set of discs.

also, as OH Smeg said, I would also uninstall office 2003 before an install to a newer versions, files installed with office 2003 can sometimes conflict with files from newer versions.

• +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

the 32 or 64 Bit Version? If it's the 64 Bit Version you need a 64 Bit OS.

Also you should remove the older version of Office before attempting to install a new version.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

that the EnterWW.cab file is either missing or corrupt.

how did you get this version of office, did you download it, or did you get straight disc from Microsoft? If you downloaded it, re-download it, as a small glitch in the download may have resulted in a corrupt file. If you got discs from Microsoft, give Microsoft support a call, and they should be able to send you out a new set of discs.

also, as OH Smeg said, I would also uninstall office 2003 before an install to a newer versions, files installed with office 2003 can sometimes conflict with files from newer versions.