Questions

How to Format Excel 2007 Date and Time value in Huge Database?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

How to Format Excel 2007 Date and Time value in Huge Database?

ballinger.le
I currently have huge Excel 2007 data bases (> 100K rows) that have three columns Date Created, Date Modified, Date Last Uploaded. Each of the cell values under each Column displays a value such as 7/1/2001 12:00:00 AM. I need to be able to easily remove the time value from each cell and format the cell to a date format that I can easily sort. Any ideas on how to do this? I greatly appreciate your help.
  • +
    0 Votes
    jhicks22309

If those cells are displaying "values" then you already have a date format (m/d/yyyy h:mm) that can be sorted. You can highlite the three columns and change the format to a different date format if you prefer a short format. If the cells actually contain "text" then your sort won't give you what you're looking for. In that case you'll need to convert the text to a value with something like =DATEVALUE(A1) and then format that as your prefered date format.

+
    0 Votes
    ballinger.le

jhicks, the cell contained text and your reco worked perfect. Thanks for your help.

• +
    0 Votes
    jhicks22309

If those cells are displaying "values" then you already have a date format (m/d/yyyy h:mm) that can be sorted. You can highlite the three columns and change the format to a different date format if you prefer a short format. If the cells actually contain "text" then your sort won't give you what you're looking for. In that case you'll need to convert the text to a value with something like =DATEVALUE(A1) and then format that as your prefered date format.

+
    0 Votes
    ballinger.le

jhicks, the cell contained text and your reco worked perfect. Thanks for your help.