Questions

How To Implement Group Policy In windows 2003 server

Tags:
+
0 Votes

How To Implement Group Policy In windows 2003 server

sivadba2006
Hai,
I have 25 XP Pro client pcs with one windows 2003 server. Each user is pertaining to each department like sales,purchase etc.

I want to create Group Policy for each deaprtments and apply to them. What is the starting step to create the group and policy.

I tried myself, but it is not effecting in the XP pro client pcs.

Please help Me....

Siva
  • +
    0 Votes
    bingosrage

Hi Siva ,

If you want seperate group policy for all your OU's , the first thing you would have to do is set all your security and auditing event settings in Computer Configuration of Default group policy which would have linked to your Domain by default. When you create GPO for your OU's you can make all the changes except security and auditing event settings. if you are using GPMC then link the GPO with corresponding OU...hope this helped u...let me know how that turned out

+
    0 Votes
    Lingling23

Hi

I am facing the same prolem as well, try to set the default securit and auditing event setting linked to the domain default, but the clients pcs does not seems to take effects.

Ling

• +
    0 Votes
    bingosrage

Hi Siva ,

If you want seperate group policy for all your OU's , the first thing you would have to do is set all your security and auditing event settings in Computer Configuration of Default group policy which would have linked to your Domain by default. When you create GPO for your OU's you can make all the changes except security and auditing event settings. if you are using GPMC then link the GPO with corresponding OU...hope this helped u...let me know how that turned out

+
    0 Votes
    Lingling23

Hi

I am facing the same prolem as well, try to set the default securit and auditing event setting linked to the domain default, but the clients pcs does not seems to take effects.

Ling