Questions

hp 6000 bios password

+
0 Votes

hp 6000 bios password

lu
hi,

I got a omnibook 6000 hp. I wanted to remove the user password so I enter the bios ( pressed f2) and enter the old password , for the new password I just pressed enter ( left password blank ). Now the system run the bios check and stop and ask for a password. I done some search and findout that if you press f2 and f12 you get a hash code ( my is 03196). can anyone help?
I need to get the master code . How can i get that?

I would realy be greatfull for any help.

thank you

Luigi
  • +
    0 Votes
    Tig2

Call the local support. They should be able to help set you right.

Good luck!

+
    0 Votes
    ganeshsai2007

Please shutdown your PC and make jumper settings, discharge the battery for few minutes and connect it.

It will not ask you for the password.

This I have tried already and it will work.

Ganesh

+
    0 Votes
    Absolutely

Removing the battery for just a few seconds will reset all BIOS settings, which are not that difficult to reset. If you know the date and time, and what you have installed, you can set your BIOS.

+
    0 Votes
    lu

Hi ,
    thank you for all your help. I tried to remove the battery, but it does not work. on the laptop the cmos is stored on eeprom. so even if i remove the battery we still ask for the password. the mistake a made was not to disable the password , but I left it blank as on the bios if you leave it blank ( means not password) but on HP laptop does not work that way. can you help?

thank you

+
    0 Votes
    mdevans

Luigi,
    I've got exactly the same problem with a Compaq Presario 2500 laptop. I thought pressing Enter for the new password would clear it, and now it still wants a password and there's no way of knowing what it wants.

I spoke to HP and they said its a bug in the BIOS software, but they'll have t take it to reset the password (costing more than the value of th machine).

Have you had any luck with your problem?

Mike

+
    0 Votes
    OldER Mycroft

What you attempted to reset / leave blank was the BOOT password for the user.

To get into the BIOS SETUP you would have had to use the SUPERVISOR password to gain entry.

If the BIOS insists on asking for a password - use the password that you didn't reset: the SUPERVISOR password. IT will still allow you access to a standard boot.

Honestly!

• +
    0 Votes
    Tig2

Call the local support. They should be able to help set you right.

Good luck!

+
    0 Votes
    ganeshsai2007

Please shutdown your PC and make jumper settings, discharge the battery for few minutes and connect it.

It will not ask you for the password.

This I have tried already and it will work.

Ganesh

+
    0 Votes
    Absolutely

Removing the battery for just a few seconds will reset all BIOS settings, which are not that difficult to reset. If you know the date and time, and what you have installed, you can set your BIOS.

+
    0 Votes
    lu

Hi ,
    thank you for all your help. I tried to remove the battery, but it does not work. on the laptop the cmos is stored on eeprom. so even if i remove the battery we still ask for the password. the mistake a made was not to disable the password , but I left it blank as on the bios if you leave it blank ( means not password) but on HP laptop does not work that way. can you help?

thank you

+
    0 Votes
    mdevans

Luigi,
    I've got exactly the same problem with a Compaq Presario 2500 laptop. I thought pressing Enter for the new password would clear it, and now it still wants a password and there's no way of knowing what it wants.

I spoke to HP and they said its a bug in the BIOS software, but they'll have t take it to reset the password (costing more than the value of th machine).

Have you had any luck with your problem?

Mike

+
    0 Votes
    OldER Mycroft

What you attempted to reset / leave blank was the BOOT password for the user.

To get into the BIOS SETUP you would have had to use the SUPERVISOR password to gain entry.

If the BIOS insists on asking for a password - use the password that you didn't reset: the SUPERVISOR password. IT will still allow you access to a standard boot.

Honestly!