Questions

HP Laserjet 8150 series

Tags:
+
0 Votes

HP Laserjet 8150 series

schinama
I have a printer an HP Laserjet 8150 series, It's IP Address was changed when it was taken for service to 172.16.2.113 instead of 192.168.0.111. How do i change it back our subnet so that it can be sent on our net work. I don't have the installation CD.
  • +
    0 Votes
    TG2

The 8150 on HP's website shows MFP (multifunction), Photo printer series (and Photo v and xi), and also the N, D, DN, HN.

and I'm guessing that this version doesn't have a numeric keypad, or that you didn't manually set it before..

if its returning to your network, the system that originally set up the printer may be the one that can reconfigure it, assuming the printer goes back to defaults.

I recently installed one of the newer inexpensive networked hp's, and found that it would scramble itself sometimes.. and that the only way to continue to have the printer respond is leave it for DHCP and setup a dhcp pool on the server ... tie the ip to that mac and thus not get called back in when the printer freaked out (no known reason why it went back to dhcp on its own, it wasn't as if this hp completely factory defaulted, because it still had the password in it, for the built in web config firmware).

+
    0 Votes
    dpat1985

If you still need help with this I can email you how to do it via the control panel ont he printer itself. I do this about 2 times a week at work so I know how to do it.
    1. Get the IP you had the printer setup as before.
    2. Go to menu button right until you see EIO JetDirect Configuration hit next button right until you see CFG NETWORK=NO* hit value plus till it says YES then hit select. then item plus again until CONFIG method=AUTO change to manual. then select. then you should see ipbyte1=192 value up or down until you get what you want then hit select then go to next ipbyte and so on then hit ready or go. and your printer should now have ip set to what you just set it to. Please feel free to email me and I can get the EXACT directions while at work or you can call my cell phone and I can walk you through this. thanks and I hope htis helps.

+
    0 Votes
    dpat1985

If you still need help with this I can email you how to do it via the control panel ont he printer itself. I do this about 2 times a week at work so I know how to do it.
    2. Go to menu button right until you see EIO JetDirect Configuration hit next button right until you see CFG NETWORK=NO* hit value plus till it says YES then hit select. then item plus again until CONFIG method=AUTO change to manual. then select. then you should see ipbyte1=192 value up or down until you get what you want then hit select then go to next ipbyte and so on then hit ready or go. and your printer should now have ip set to what you just set it to. Please feel free to email me and I can get the EXACT directions while at work or you can call my cell phone and I can walk you through this. thanks and I hope htis helps.

• +
    0 Votes
    TG2

The 8150 on HP's website shows MFP (multifunction), Photo printer series (and Photo v and xi), and also the N, D, DN, HN.

and I'm guessing that this version doesn't have a numeric keypad, or that you didn't manually set it before..

if its returning to your network, the system that originally set up the printer may be the one that can reconfigure it, assuming the printer goes back to defaults.

I recently installed one of the newer inexpensive networked hp's, and found that it would scramble itself sometimes.. and that the only way to continue to have the printer respond is leave it for DHCP and setup a dhcp pool on the server ... tie the ip to that mac and thus not get called back in when the printer freaked out (no known reason why it went back to dhcp on its own, it wasn't as if this hp completely factory defaulted, because it still had the password in it, for the built in web config firmware).

+
    0 Votes
    dpat1985

+
    0 Votes
    dpat1985