Questions

HP Photosmart 7660 driver?

+
0 Votes

HP Photosmart 7660 driver?

danviera
Need printer driver for above printer for WIN 7 Pro. 64 bit. Appears to be a problem with old printer. HP was no help. Printer works fine on my XP pro machine. Did not have much luck with Microsoft website.

Dan Viera
  • +
    0 Votes
    databaseben

unfortunately, you are out of luck if hp hasn't provided an updated driver for their/your machine.

there is no financial gain for hp to provide a driver because 1) it costs money to write a new driver and 2) customers wont buy newer equipment for use on newer o.s.'s if they provide updated driver's for free.

sometimes however, people find workarounds for equipment incapability issues. for example i found a unique usb bus that made my old hp laser printer compatible with vista, since hp wouldn't provide a new driver for my old printer. the old xp driver works on vista but only when the old usb bus is used to connect the printer to vista. i posted my solution on the hp forums.

so you might try to do an extensive search of google on your printer model and see if there are any workarounds. maybe you can use a different hp driver that is compatible with your equipment or something.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=photosmart%207660%20for%20vista

as a word of caution, keep away from sites that offers drivers. there are malicious websites that lure people to their sites offering drivers or tools to find drivers. in your case, hp.com is the only source for hp drivers.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

With all new versions of any Windows Operating System it's common for a lot of devices to be no longer supported so things like Scanners, Web Cams and Printers need to be replaced with new equipment as they are no longer supported.

If you absolutely must have a driver for this Hardware you only really have 2 options

Option 1 Pay some Programmer to write you one

Option 2 Learn programing and write your own.

In all cases however it's generally cheaper to buy a new printer.

Col

• +
    0 Votes
    databaseben

unfortunately, you are out of luck if hp hasn't provided an updated driver for their/your machine.

there is no financial gain for hp to provide a driver because 1) it costs money to write a new driver and 2) customers wont buy newer equipment for use on newer o.s.'s if they provide updated driver's for free.

sometimes however, people find workarounds for equipment incapability issues. for example i found a unique usb bus that made my old hp laser printer compatible with vista, since hp wouldn't provide a new driver for my old printer. the old xp driver works on vista but only when the old usb bus is used to connect the printer to vista. i posted my solution on the hp forums.

so you might try to do an extensive search of google on your printer model and see if there are any workarounds. maybe you can use a different hp driver that is compatible with your equipment or something.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=photosmart%207660%20for%20vista

as a word of caution, keep away from sites that offers drivers. there are malicious websites that lure people to their sites offering drivers or tools to find drivers. in your case, hp.com is the only source for hp drivers.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

With all new versions of any Windows Operating System it's common for a lot of devices to be no longer supported so things like Scanners, Web Cams and Printers need to be replaced with new equipment as they are no longer supported.

If you absolutely must have a driver for this Hardware you only really have 2 options

Option 1 Pay some Programmer to write you one

Option 2 Learn programing and write your own.

In all cases however it's generally cheaper to buy a new printer.

Col