Questions

HP ZD8000 pre-installed Sonic Solutions software and System Backup not init

+
0 Votes

HP ZD8000 pre-installed Sonic Solutions software and System Backup not init

poppasdg
1. I am experiencing problems with my HP Pavilion ZD8000 computer DVD-RW drive and the manufacturer pre-installed software called Sonic Digital Media Plus V7. The software can be downloaded from HP Support Center and installed but it fails to setup completely or run and prompts for a ???Disk 1???.
2. Microsoft Accessories System Tools: Backup program. Backup cannot connect to removable storage device.
3. My computer hardware is recognized. Blank CD and DVD disk are also recognized but free space and used space is listed as 0 bytes. I was unable to do a computer backup using the default System Tools, Backup Program. Blank disk are not being recognized or prompted for formatting.
4. The other problem is with the Sonic Software that came pre-installed on my computer. My software failed to open and I downloaded the Sonic Software from HP Support Download Website Center. The software downloaded but I received a location install to error and the installation asked for a disk before continuing the install. The install fails.
5. I am considering attempting to do a complete Computer Backup and possibly try installing the pre-loaded installed software using the F11 key function; if the software is actually installed there.
6. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Notes:

- Windows XP Media Center Eition 2008
- TSST Corp CDRW/DVDRW Drive. Model: TS-L532M
- CD Burner XP will backup to CDs and DVD media but the format option is disabled
  • +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

That is correct the Blank Disc's have no space used or left if you want to use them with the Backup Utility you need to format them with your Burning Software and they will then appear as Removable Media and can be treated like any other Removable Media.

If you want to use Blank Unformatted Media in the Optical Drive you need to use the DVD Burning Application that you got with your system and select the Backup Option in it if it has one.

Col

• +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

That is correct the Blank Disc's have no space used or left if you want to use them with the Backup Utility you need to format them with your Burning Software and they will then appear as Removable Media and can be treated like any other Removable Media.

If you want to use Blank Unformatted Media in the Optical Drive you need to use the DVD Burning Application that you got with your system and select the Backup Option in it if it has one.

Col