Questions

Answer for:

I CAN'T CHANGE THE BOOT SEQUENCE ON MY ACER ASPIRE 5520

Message 8 of 15

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
seanferd

But you did not mention in your first post the <i>most important fact</i>, i.e., that you could not change BIOS settings as you hadn't entered the supervisor password.

That's like complaining of a mysterious pain to a doctor over the phone without admitting you'd hit yourself with a hammer.

"People like you are the main reason why senseless wars exist....."

That is a bit over-the-top. People like ThumbsUp2 are the main reason why other people get their misbehaving technology diagnosed and fixed, for free, no less. Now, she may be mistaken about your editing of your first post, but on the subject of posting in ALL CAPS, she is quite right. This is considered as YELLING everywhere on the internets, regardless as to how much some people prefer it, or the condition of their eyesight. Best bet is to either wear your glasses, or make use of display, browser, or Windows accessibility adjustments so that you are not straining your eyes, and not posting in all caps. You could also type your post in a text editor with a large font and in bold if it helps, then copy & paste it into your browser.

Anyway, if you need to change BIOS settings in the future, best get a hold of that supervisor password.