Questions

Ibm thinkpad 600x series

+
0 Votes

Ibm thinkpad 600x series

mayflower67
I have a Ibm think pad 600x It beeps twice on powering up what do I do and how can I fix it?
  • +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

Installed as this was a weak point with those Think Pads.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    mayflower67

I would check that only if I thought it was the prblem and hey it might be but When I get the 2 beeps it always comes under and 8611 error.

Thanks though

+
    0 Votes
    DasTwitcH

Two beeps is the generic "THERE IS AN ERROR!" code for this series. 8611 is keyboard related, usually fixed by reseating or replacing the keyboard. These machines, from my own experience, had pretty flaky connections.

In rare cases, it could be at the system board end, in which case, trust me, just replace it.

Giving the keyboard a quick clean couldn't hurt either.

+
    0 Votes
    martin_ishu

look for a code after the beep cos there are always some numbers showing up after any error message on an IBM laptop,then go to the IBM site and check for what the code stands for. It will help you pinpoint the exact problem u have.

• +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

Installed as this was a weak point with those Think Pads.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    mayflower67

I would check that only if I thought it was the prblem and hey it might be but When I get the 2 beeps it always comes under and 8611 error.

Thanks though

+
    0 Votes
    DasTwitcH

Two beeps is the generic "THERE IS AN ERROR!" code for this series. 8611 is keyboard related, usually fixed by reseating or replacing the keyboard. These machines, from my own experience, had pretty flaky connections.

In rare cases, it could be at the system board end, in which case, trust me, just replace it.

Giving the keyboard a quick clean couldn't hurt either.

+
    0 Votes
    martin_ishu

look for a code after the beep cos there are always some numbers showing up after any error message on an IBM laptop,then go to the IBM site and check for what the code stands for. It will help you pinpoint the exact problem u have.