Questions

Impact of disabling local Administrator account of Windows 2003 Domain

+
0 Votes

Impact of disabling local Administrator account of Windows 2003 Domain

gmostafa
Hi,

I want to know the impact of disabling administrative rights for users on their local machines under windows 2003 domain for enhancing security?

What would be the best solution for tightening the security for the domain? Do I need to disable administrator account or renaming would be better. Please help.

Rgds,
Mostafa
  • +
    0 Votes

HI

cholan41

They (User) unable to install any other Upgrades r new S/w without ur Knowlodge so they always ask(call) for u each and every tiem for all so u decide to balance ur work load in ur concern and decide

+
    0 Votes
    gmostafa

Yes, this is exactly what I want. Could you please explain a bit more.

Renaming and disabling original admin account and giving admin previllege to another account is better or using a power user account is better. I know power user is not equivellent to Admin. Please advise.

Rgds,
    Mostafa

• +
    0 Votes

HI

cholan41

They (User) unable to install any other Upgrades r new S/w without ur Knowlodge so they always ask(call) for u each and every tiem for all so u decide to balance ur work load in ur concern and decide

+
    0 Votes
    gmostafa

Yes, this is exactly what I want. Could you please explain a bit more.

Renaming and disabling original admin account and giving admin previllege to another account is better or using a power user account is better. I know power user is not equivellent to Admin. Please advise.

Rgds,
    Mostafa