Questions

Import/export functions missing in Outlook 2007

+
0 Votes

Import/export functions missing in Outlook 2007

thalchak
I just reinstalled Vista Home Premium and MS Office Professional 2007 on my laptop. I had been running the same OS and version of Office prior to reinstallation. I backed up all my Outlook files (Inbox, contacts, etc.) by exporting them to an external hard drive as .pst files. Upon re-installing Office, I cannot find the import/export functions under File in Outlook. I tried downloading every update for Office and Outlook that I could find - Service Packs etc. but in spite of my efforts, these features are nowhere to be found in the dropdown menu under File in Outlook where they were before. Everything else works fine. I can send and receive, etc. etc. Just no Import/Export options.

Anyone have any ideas. I will really appreciate a fix.

Thanks,
Tom
+
0 Votes
seiha

Import and Export on outlook 2007 should be there unless it's not a full version of Micosoft office 2007. Trial version won't have import or export on it.

+
0 Votes
thalchak

Hi Seiha:

I do have the full version. After I posted this quetions, I kept plugging and found it. It was one of the options when you right click to customize your tool bar. It took a lot of digging, but I found it and was able to solve my problems.
Thanks,
Tom

+
0 Votes
psouthard

was able to put import and export on tool bar, but does still does not show in File Menu. Many thanks :)

+
0 Votes
welias

1- In tool bar right click
2- Customize
3- Highlight File from left hand side menu
4- Press rearrange commands
5- From the rearrange command windows choose reset
6- Are you sure screen ( press yes )
7- Now you have Import / Export with other list

Regards
Wael Elias
IT Administrator

+
0 Votes
Bob Diederich

Thank you, synching my contacts erased 75% of my contacts which were still in my Google contacts(Thank God) and exporting was easy and you made import easy Thank you Thank you Bob