Questions

Inspiron 1000 screen won't turn on

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Inspiron 1000 screen won't turn on

Utfanof09
I have a problem with my Dell Inspiron 1000. I was using it just fine one day when the screen went black. I turned off the laptop and when I turned it back on, the screen doesn't work. When I turn it on, the green power light comes on and the fans both start up. Nothing comes on the screen. Can anyone help me?
  • +
    0 Votes
    Mayhem1969

Did you hear any noise when the computer screen went black? When you say green power light, which one? How many leds do you have? Do you have one that blinks when the OS is accessing information from the hdd? Does that one work? Do you hear any beeps or noise.

Have you tried to go into the bios? If you can get to the bios screen on startup it's not likely a screen problem. It could be a video card problem or a hdd problem. If you can hook it up to an external monitor and it works fine, then it is a screen issue. monitor.

+
    0 Votes
    AshishS

I have seen laptops here where the screen quits working after couple of years. Our laptops here are under extended warranty so I always got a new screen. To change a screen, you have to basically perform surgery on your laptop. A lot of screws to take out. Glad I don't have to do it anymore.

+
    0 Votes
    Sepperoth0

You don't see anything at all? Your laptop should have a port for you to plug in a separate monitor or projector. Hook up a separate monitor, and if it works then it is a problem with your laptop screen and it will likely need to be replaced. If your laptop is under warranty then I would suggest having Dell or a Dell-Certified computer store fix it. If the separate monitor doesn't work then it could possibly be your graphics card.

• +
    0 Votes
    Mayhem1969

Did you hear any noise when the computer screen went black? When you say green power light, which one? How many leds do you have? Do you have one that blinks when the OS is accessing information from the hdd? Does that one work? Do you hear any beeps or noise.

Have you tried to go into the bios? If you can get to the bios screen on startup it's not likely a screen problem. It could be a video card problem or a hdd problem. If you can hook it up to an external monitor and it works fine, then it is a screen issue. monitor.

+
    0 Votes
    AshishS

I have seen laptops here where the screen quits working after couple of years. Our laptops here are under extended warranty so I always got a new screen. To change a screen, you have to basically perform surgery on your laptop. A lot of screws to take out. Glad I don't have to do it anymore.

+
    0 Votes
    Sepperoth0

You don't see anything at all? Your laptop should have a port for you to plug in a separate monitor or projector. Hook up a separate monitor, and if it works then it is a problem with your laptop screen and it will likely need to be replaced. If your laptop is under warranty then I would suggest having Dell or a Dell-Certified computer store fix it. If the separate monitor doesn't work then it could possibly be your graphics card.