Questions

installing lexmark printer 810:: Z816

+
0 Votes

installing lexmark printer 810:: Z816

smk0
I recently moved and then purchased a new computer but I can't seem to get the printer to work. It is plugged but doesn't print

Obviously I need help with installation TY
  • +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

For the install procedure and it would be nice if you listed the OS that you where attempting to install this to.

If it's Vista you'll need to download the drivers directly from Lexmark and use those not the ones that came on the installation CD.

You also need to install the drivers/software and then at some point during the install plug in the printers USB Port but this is all explained in the Instruction Manual.

If you still have problems you should ring Lexmark to make sure that you have the correct drivers for the OS and if you have followed the steps properly you may then need to take it back and have it replaced UG because it doesn't work.

There have been a couple of recent questions where the Printer was at fault here and they all involved Lexmark Printers.

Col

• +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

For the install procedure and it would be nice if you listed the OS that you where attempting to install this to.

If it's Vista you'll need to download the drivers directly from Lexmark and use those not the ones that came on the installation CD.

You also need to install the drivers/software and then at some point during the install plug in the printers USB Port but this is all explained in the Instruction Manual.

If you still have problems you should ring Lexmark to make sure that you have the correct drivers for the OS and if you have followed the steps properly you may then need to take it back and have it replaced UG because it doesn't work.

There have been a couple of recent questions where the Printer was at fault here and they all involved Lexmark Printers.

Col