Questions

Intel I5-4670K or 2nd 660 OC'd for my current system? please help!

Tags: Windows, Operating Systems, Hardware
+
0 Votes

Intel I5-4670K or 2nd 660 OC'd for my current system? please help!

jerseygaming
Currently I have an AMD FX 6300 6 core overclocked to 4.10 GHz and a gigabyte 660 OC edition. I'm looking to upgrade something, should I go with another 660 in SLI ( I heard its equivalent to a 680) or get the Intel I5-4670K and new motherboard? I use my computer strictly for gaming, recording my gameplay, and uploading it to youtube... and of course just searching the web.

Member Answers

• +
      0 Votes
      HAL 9000 Moderator

But going to a i5 probably will not be the best option as they are far slower than a i7.

The i5 is a Quad Core where as the i7 is a Quad Core which supports Hyper-threading so it looks like a 8 Core System.

As for the Gigabyte M'Board I'm not sure which one you actually have because Gigabyte doesn't list a 660 Chip-set M'Board so I'm not sure what type of Processor it can carry.

Col

• +
      0 Votes
      HAL 9000 Moderator

But going to a i5 probably will not be the best option as they are far slower than a i7.

The i5 is a Quad Core where as the i7 is a Quad Core which supports Hyper-threading so it looks like a 8 Core System.

As for the Gigabyte M'Board I'm not sure which one you actually have because Gigabyte doesn't list a 660 Chip-set M'Board so I'm not sure what type of Processor it can carry.

Col