Answer for:

Internet goes down across an organization. What do you do to troubleshoot?

Message 7 of 28

View entire thread
0 Votes
OH Smeg

Well I call that box in rack in the server room with flashing LES's that gives you an outside connection to the world a Modem.

The ISP here calls that Box a Cable Modem meaning it has Fiber Optical Cable coming into it and is the connection between here and the Internet.

So Ryalsbane what do you call that box with the LED's on the front of it?

Unless of course you mean we should all be using a 3/4G connection to the outside world but that's not going to happen here at least because it's way too expensive and it's still called a Modem even though it has a Router in it. :^0