Questions

Is AutoCAD 2006 Compatible with Windows Vista Home Basic?

+
0 Votes

Is AutoCAD 2006 Compatible with Windows Vista Home Basic?

kdships
I have been trying to run AutoCAD 2006 on a friends Windows Vista Home Basic for the past few days. Basically, it installs quite alright but when I try running it, it keeps showing me this message about compatibility issue. I have decided to run an update on this vista home basic and I hope this will solve the problem. But before I get any further I would like for anyone to help me on this as I wait for the result on the update. Thanks
  • +
    0 Votes
    aztdogg

The only problem I am having is that I am getting an error that it cannot find ac1st16.dll and it will not run. I can fully install. Is there any patch for this?

+
    0 Votes
    kdships

Sorry guys. For all you guys that have been waiting for the solution to this. Here is what I did.
    I don't know if this is one of Microsoft's mistakes on Vista, some 64bit vs 32bit issues or just some biz strategy by Microsoft but I think this is just one of those similar problems we had when Windows 98 became old school. Anyways, I got it working by asking it to run in compatibility mode for windows XP.

To set the compatibility properties for a program manually Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties. Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.

If you've done this your done.

• +
    0 Votes
    aztdogg

The only problem I am having is that I am getting an error that it cannot find ac1st16.dll and it will not run. I can fully install. Is there any patch for this?

+
    0 Votes
    kdships

Sorry guys. For all you guys that have been waiting for the solution to this. Here is what I did.
    I don't know if this is one of Microsoft's mistakes on Vista, some 64bit vs 32bit issues or just some biz strategy by Microsoft but I think this is just one of those similar problems we had when Windows 98 became old school. Anyways, I got it working by asking it to run in compatibility mode for windows XP.

To set the compatibility properties for a program manually Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties. Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.

If you've done this your done.