Questions

Is it possible to change Outlook 2007 default settings?

+
0 Votes

Is it possible to change Outlook 2007 default settings?

HenryPB
Can anyone tell me if, in Outlook 2007, is it possible to change defaults such as;
New Appointment, Recurrence, Appointment-Time, Duration, (which defaults to 30 min) & Recurrence-Pattern, (which defaults to weekly)?
Thanks.
  • +
    0 Votes
    Kenone

You set the duration when you create the appointment. If you make it a recurring event then you set the recurrence frequency by clicking the radio button.

+
    0 Votes
    HenryPB

I'm sorry for not articulating my situation in sufficient detail. Most of my "appointments" are for telephone calls or reminders. On a typical day I schedule about 30 calls and 20 reminders.

For these appointments I have to change the "Duration" default drop-down from 30-minutes to 5-minutes and the "Recurrence" radio button default from weekly to daily. If I could reset these two defaults to 5-minutes and daily respectively, it would eliminate 3 mouse clicks making the process just that much simpler and faster. I know that I could use (and customize) the ???Tasks??? window but I prefer to keep things as simple as possible. Thank you for your time and assistance in investigating my inquiry.

+
    0 Votes
    Kenone

In your calendar, go to view, time scale and change it to 5 min. click on a day and new appointment and it will default to 5 min duration

• +
    0 Votes
    Kenone

You set the duration when you create the appointment. If you make it a recurring event then you set the recurrence frequency by clicking the radio button.

+
    0 Votes
    HenryPB

I'm sorry for not articulating my situation in sufficient detail. Most of my "appointments" are for telephone calls or reminders. On a typical day I schedule about 30 calls and 20 reminders.

For these appointments I have to change the "Duration" default drop-down from 30-minutes to 5-minutes and the "Recurrence" radio button default from weekly to daily. If I could reset these two defaults to 5-minutes and daily respectively, it would eliminate 3 mouse clicks making the process just that much simpler and faster. I know that I could use (and customize) the ???Tasks??? window but I prefer to keep things as simple as possible. Thank you for your time and assistance in investigating my inquiry.

+
    0 Votes
    Kenone

In your calendar, go to view, time scale and change it to 5 min. click on a day and new appointment and it will default to 5 min duration