Questions

Answer for:

It is possible for me to have a dual monitor?

Message 8 of 8

View entire thread
+
2 Votes
Elteto

I suspect you have a blue (or black) port your VGA monitor is currently plugged into, and the other white port is a DVI port. Do a search for DVI port and see if the picture matches the white port on your computer.

Is this similar to the ports on your card?

http://codinghorror.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a85dcdae970b0120a86d715a970b-pi

The second monitor can be a DVI monitor, or another VGA monitor connected through a DVI-VGA plug. I recommend making the better quality (and/or larger resolution) monitor your primary one, and this primary monitor should run from the DVI port.

When setting up a second monitor, first, you have to make sure you have both monitors connected to the graphics card, and they are both powered on.

The easiest way to start setting up dual monitors is right-click on your Windows desktop, select "Properties" from the popup menu, then when the dialog box appears, click on the "Settings" tab all the way on the right.

The second monitor is represented by a blue icon with a white number in the middle, and the icon is probably grayed out. Right click on this icon, and check the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" box. The Click the "Apply" button in the lower right hand corner of the dialog box.