Questions

LAN wont establish till i log into headless SBS2003 server locally

+
0 Votes

LAN wont establish till i log into headless SBS2003 server locally

frickleshnitz
since i've started this job i've had issue with a headless sbs2003 server it runs dual NIC's one for wan the other to a switch to the lan in the office .. well every time i reboot the headless server all connections drop i'm not able to rdp into it nor have internet to use logmein/vnc ect from work stations i either have to use a 3G connection on my laptop and RDP from outside or drag a keyboard mouse and monitor to the server and login locally and then everything is fine i've scoured the net and can't for the life of me find a solution anyone have any ideas?
  • +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

If there is a service that is set to run only for the admin account or for your account, then it won't work until you log in to make the service happy.

Look closely at the system logs and see what services start when you log in.

Most likely you need to change a service or two (like the RDP service) so that they run with system (service) account

• +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

If there is a service that is set to run only for the admin account or for your account, then it won't work until you log in to make the service happy.

Look closely at the system logs and see what services start when you log in.

Most likely you need to change a service or two (like the RDP service) so that they run with system (service) account