Questions

Limited access to server 2003

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Limited access to server 2003

psyron
I have a Windows Server 2003 SP2 machine that cannot be pinged. It can be browsed to on a limited basis by XP clients but not system 7. the XP box can connect to the shares but not see any of the files located in the shared folders with one exception. If I create a new file I can save it to the shared folder and then access it. I cannot check the firewall because I get an error when I try to access it. The error says that ipnat.sys is in use even after disabling and or reconfiguring RRAS to not do routing. I am using a single NIC. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

Then either it's a physical-layer problem or the IP stack is corrupt on the server.

Can the server ping other things?

Is this server on a local network, and is it malware free? When unknown processes start using network components, that sounds suspicious to me.

If both IPV6 and IPV4 are enabled, and the version 4 part is broken, networking will work but you cannot ping it with it's IPV4 address.

• +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

Then either it's a physical-layer problem or the IP stack is corrupt on the server.

Can the server ping other things?

Is this server on a local network, and is it malware free? When unknown processes start using network components, that sounds suspicious to me.

If both IPV6 and IPV4 are enabled, and the version 4 part is broken, networking will work but you cannot ping it with it's IPV4 address.