Answer for:

Macbook air heatsink

Message 6 of 5

View entire thread
0 Votes

That is in fact a heatpipe - something that they have alluded to later, but heatpipe technology is common on laptops (especially ones with GPUs and CPUs) - an 'air duct' of that width would do very little in fact!!

There are plenty of descriptions online of how heat pipes work (I won't bore you with the details here) but this is the type of thing that is implemented:

Hope that helps!