Questions

Microsoft Exchange 2000

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Microsoft Exchange 2000

m307
Whenever i try to send mail to a particular domain, the mail bounces back with this error message, "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 12/8/2006 8:10 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'info@armonkindoor.com' on 12/8/2006 8:10 AM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<rpm1.rpmarinlaw.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <info@armonkindoor.com>... RTANCHR Contact postmaster@westnet.com if in error, but we refuse mail directly from hosts with generic reverse DNS; please use another outbound mail server. (static)>"

Can you help?

Thx
  • +
    0 Votes
    Omnicef

The problem is, your email server's public IP Address does not match your reverse DNS Entry (or you don't have one at all). I checked for an MX Record for rpmarinlaw.com and it does not exist. Can you tell us more about your setup?

+
    0 Votes
    m307

My FQDN is maringoodman.com. RPmarinlaw was my old domain name. I also have a spam filter with handles all my mail.

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

this is your problem. DNS resolves your FQDN maringoodman.com to your public address. Mail you send is using this domain name: rpmarinlaw.com. which does not resolve to your public addess. The receiving mail server thinks spam and blocks the mail and sends you a message saying the mail is being blocked.

• +
    0 Votes
    Omnicef

The problem is, your email server's public IP Address does not match your reverse DNS Entry (or you don't have one at all). I checked for an MX Record for rpmarinlaw.com and it does not exist. Can you tell us more about your setup?

+
    0 Votes
    m307

My FQDN is maringoodman.com. RPmarinlaw was my old domain name. I also have a spam filter with handles all my mail.

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

this is your problem. DNS resolves your FQDN maringoodman.com to your public address. Mail you send is using this domain name: rpmarinlaw.com. which does not resolve to your public addess. The receiving mail server thinks spam and blocks the mail and sends you a message saying the mail is being blocked.