Questions

MOSS 2007 and OWA 2003 Front End

+
0 Votes

MOSS 2007 and OWA 2003 Front End

eric.templin
I have a client that is looking to deploy MOSS 2007 for Internet Sites on their Exchange 2003 OWA Front End server. I have found information about SPS 2003 that states it cannot coexist with Exchange 2003 on the same server; however I cannot find any such information about MOSS 2007 and Exchange, or MOSS 2007 and OWA. Does anyone know if this is a technically feasible solution and/or if this is a supported configuration?
  • +
    0 Votes
    ryan2

I have questions regarding the same topic.

My problem is that I have 1 ip address through my internet provider and want to host both OWA, and MOSS as well as the company website from the same server. I have OWA and the web site working together, both listening on port 80 using host headers to differentiate the site content.

My client wants me to install a sharepoint MOSS 2007 server on a dedicated box and then be able to access it from the internet.

My idea was to install just the web front end on the Exchange 2003 server and point it to the new box for content, but I cant find ANYWHERE including microsloth's webslight on if this is a supported configuration. To make it easier I might just grab a 2nd ip address plan from my ISP and run them differently.

• +
    0 Votes
    ryan2

I have questions regarding the same topic.

My problem is that I have 1 ip address through my internet provider and want to host both OWA, and MOSS as well as the company website from the same server. I have OWA and the web site working together, both listening on port 80 using host headers to differentiate the site content.

My client wants me to install a sharepoint MOSS 2007 server on a dedicated box and then be able to access it from the internet.

My idea was to install just the web front end on the Exchange 2003 server and point it to the new box for content, but I cant find ANYWHERE including microsloth's webslight on if this is a supported configuration. To make it easier I might just grab a 2nd ip address plan from my ISP and run them differently.