Questions

my charger is encountering some problems of heating

+
0 Votes

my charger is encountering some problems of heating

Mark 10
every time am charging the knob that connects to the laptop heats when charging but when i connect the charger to another laptop it does not heat.what could be wrong?
  • +
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

the OEM (original) charger for the laptop?

+
    0 Votes
    OldER Mycroft

Possibly causing an intermittent fault which is interrupting the flow of current, which may be creating a spark which generates heat.

You should have the laptop chassis checked out by an approved computer technician/shop.

By far, the most common damage to a laptop computer occurs when the charging jack/socket suffers some form of stress either by the laptop falling off a desk while the charging lead is attached, or by someone snagging the charging cable as they walk past the laptop, causing strain on the charging lead and the charging socket.

Something's GOT to give and it's usually the thin pin that sits inside the socket and mates with the central hole down the centre of the charging jack itself.

• +
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

the OEM (original) charger for the laptop?

+
    0 Votes
    OldER Mycroft

Possibly causing an intermittent fault which is interrupting the flow of current, which may be creating a spark which generates heat.

You should have the laptop chassis checked out by an approved computer technician/shop.

By far, the most common damage to a laptop computer occurs when the charging jack/socket suffers some form of stress either by the laptop falling off a desk while the charging lead is attached, or by someone snagging the charging cable as they walk past the laptop, causing strain on the charging lead and the charging socket.

Something's GOT to give and it's usually the thin pin that sits inside the socket and mates with the central hole down the centre of the charging jack itself.