Questions

Answer for:

My SWAG arrived - I am no longer one of the Riff-Raff !! ...

Message 15 of 376

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
maxwell edison

Some of us were invited to join. Here's a cut and paste of the invitation (circa 11-2004):

Greetings Maxwell Edison,

As you've probably guessed, this message concerns TechRepublic. In the past few days, you may have noticed a new forum has appeared in the TechRepublic Discussion Center called TR Insiders

(Link Removed)

What you may not be aware of is that you are one of only 15 TechRepublic members who can see and access this area of our Web site.

That's right, you're one of 15 people hand-picked from hundreds of thousands TechRepublic members. This elite group of extraordinarily active users has been invited to join us in the most significant redesign of the TechRepublic Web site in our company's history. You, Maxwell Edison, were hand-picked for this team because of your incredible level of involvement in the TR Discussion Center and Tech Q&A. You're among the best of the best, and we need your help.

Over the next few months, you and your fellow TR Insiders will be granted unprecedented access to TR beta features, extended additional exclusive site privileges, and afforded a direct line to the core TR staffers that are working to create the ultimate IT community site for this century.

If you decide not join us, you don't need to do a thing. However, if you decide to stick around, we'd like you to fill out the four-item questionnaire at the end of this message and send the answer as a reply to this e-mail and respond by noon EST on Thursday, Nov. 4. Yes, it's a survey, but if you complete it there will be a technocentric gift in it for you down the line. It's not a bribe, you've earned it.

Thanks for your time. We look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

The Community Redevelopment Team

Rex Baldazo (RexWorld)
Beth Blakely (beth.blakely)
Paul Cook (pcook)
Jay Garmon (The Trivia Geek)
Mark Kaelin (MKaelin)
Shawn Morton (sMoRTy71)
Ted Smith (tsmith)

The group grew from 15 to 1500. Okay, I exaggerate a bit, but after we shared some initial development ideas, the group continued to grow and grow, soon becoming much ado about nothing. Personally speaking (paraphrasing Yogi Berra), nobody went there anymore, including me, because it was too crowded.

TR Trivia question:

Who were the original 15 TRIs?