Questions

Norton Ghost 12.0 to clone my C:

+
0 Votes

Norton Ghost 12.0 to clone my C:

hon3y_b
I've bought my norton ghost12.0. At first, I using copy hdd function in ghost 12.0 copy from C to D drive, now D drive has everything that C has. I try put my D drive into a new pc and it won't boot up. How can i make it bootable? Another question is, how do i clone my OS and make an image in a bootable DVD/CD and apply it to the same configuration pc? Thanks guyz.
  • +
    0 Votes
    Daniel.Muzrall

If you put the hard drive into a new computer with a different hardware configuration, particularly when making the switch from PATA to SATA, you can run into problems. First thing I'd try is to do a repair installation of your OS, as that has solved this problem for me in the past.

As for the bootable DVD/CD, this is a little different. There are a number of ways to do it...some withing Ghost, some using multiple tools. Personally, I find it easier to use a BartPE boot CD with Ghost on it and a USB hard drive. After SysPrepping the source machine, I'll boot from the BartPE disk, and then use Ghost to make an image of the source disk. Once I've got the image created, go to the target disk/machine, boot from BartPE, and use Ghost to apply the image.

• +
    0 Votes
    Daniel.Muzrall

If you put the hard drive into a new computer with a different hardware configuration, particularly when making the switch from PATA to SATA, you can run into problems. First thing I'd try is to do a repair installation of your OS, as that has solved this problem for me in the past.

As for the bootable DVD/CD, this is a little different. There are a number of ways to do it...some withing Ghost, some using multiple tools. Personally, I find it easier to use a BartPE boot CD with Ghost on it and a USB hard drive. After SysPrepping the source machine, I'll boot from the BartPE disk, and then use Ghost to make an image of the source disk. Once I've got the image created, go to the target disk/machine, boot from BartPE, and use Ghost to apply the image.