Questions

Norton/Symantec 2010 - anyone had problems?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Norton/Symantec 2010 - anyone had problems?

Shellbot
Over Christmas Symantec was very helpful and upgraded itself to the new version. Thank you Symantec < insert sarcasm >.

Since the update, my lappy is now a piece of garbage. Slow to boot, takes ages or mutiple retries to connect to my wireless internet router, Explorer crashes frequently, machine hangs....

Obviously I need to tweak the settings..but I don't really know how..
Anyone else had the same issues?
Any ideas?

And don't be a smarty pants and tell me to not use IE..or to get another AV..Its a fully paid up subscription..so I am going to dang well use it if i can.

:)
  • +
    0 Votes
    santeewelding

Do what a woman scorned does.

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I may have to...but if possible I'd prefer to get it sorted another way :)

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

I can not help you here. I gave up using Norton's when Internet Security came out years ago now. Well at least for the Workstation.

Norton's Internet Security was my Bugbear Program I could never get it to work properly or for that matter be part way usable so I swallowed my pride and dumped it on my personal systems as well as for all those who I was paid to work for.

While the Corporate Version works a treat the Personal Version is the biggest pile of Sh1te I have even had the misfortune to use.

But it's just like a woman to pay money and then demand to use what they have paid for because they paid for it. I personally prefer to have something that is usable and use that. It's much cheaper to do things that way.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

Ah, trust me..not at liberty to divulge, but the corporate is just a big of pile.....

Well, you know me..if it works i don't really care, and up till 3 weeks ago, i never ever had an issue with it..

Was asking around work today, and the exact same thing has happened for someone else..they got so annoyed that they shut it off..lol

Well..hopefully someone somewhere can help me with the stupid settings soon..if not..its going in the bin

Only took me 2 weeks to figure out it was the AV to begin with!

+
    0 Votes
    Ron K.

I've not seen the Norton product you have but based on experience with an AVG update where they added a link scanner I'd look to see if Norton has one and maybe turn that off to see if it runs better. AVG ran slow until they had another update that fixed the slow speed of scanning links.<br>
    There are several other tools that work well for scanning links upon access and they're free. <br>
    That's the best I've got. Good luck.

+
    0 Votes
    Ron K.

errr... ummm... I mean, that's a bummer. :^0 <br>
    I gave up on everything Norton about like Col did, after having Norton Internet Security. I remember forum posts where people were saying Norton was a virus itself, that it 'infected' every bit of a computer and slowed it down.<br>
    Tweaks? Shoot it with a 12 gauge to start with then work your way down slowly to a .22. That'll tweak it.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Shelly should start with a 20 Gage not a 12. That doesn't do enough damage.

A friend or should that read fiend has a Double Under & Over 20 Gage and a 303, he constantly claims that the Telescopic Sight is for the 303 but I've watched him use it with the 20 Gage and Duck Shot in the Barrel.

After 3 or 400 rounds of the 20 Gage there will not be much left of Shelly's Sony so she doesn't need to work her way down to a 22. She'll have worked off her frustrations long before then anyway.

However she could use the same mates 50 MM Machine Gun though personally I think it's much more of a Canon rather than a Machine Gun. Every third round is a Tracer just to help you target your fire. The lad has it on display in his Living Room hanging off a wall with a couple of rounds in a cabinet beside it. When the Police come around to collect him for something that they want done they are not silly enough to ask a Ex Army Surgeon if that is a real weapon on the wall or if they are live rounds. Just the ideal weapon to use on any Vaio if you ask me though. [maniacal laughter]

Col 0:-)

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

My Vaio is my baby!! I can't kill it!!!

*sniff*
    if it dies then how will I pretend I'm a secret agent in a Bond movie???

< walks away muttering..can't be a secret agent without a Vaio... >

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

HA! that's probably the problem

+
    0 Votes

Ha!

Shellbot

Get thee away from my Vaio... !!!!!!

She's a beauty..and no one can tell me different.

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

ya ya ya...

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Sony is only fit for Users in ****.

Or at least they make it **** on Earth if you use a Sony. [Maniacal Laughter]

But to be perfectly honest Shelly only bought that one because she liked the nice shiny looks. She's really a Magpie who is incapable of controlling herself when she sees something shiny. God help us when she sees that new Aluminum Acer NB. She'll be trying to kill her Sony by Sacrificing it to her favorite God, Gremlin whatever to get one of the even shiner Acers. Most likely she's think that a 50MM Machine gun will not kill it fast enough for her liking.

For those not meterificed yet 50 MM is 2 Inches and that is the diameter of the shells that it lobs out of the barrel.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

That it is pink.

HP also make some aluminum NB, they look pretty much like the Macbook Pro (without the DVD Drive).

It's only a matter of time

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

pink???
    pink..????

excuse me..but it is not pink..
    don't be presuming i've got one of those cheap-o Sony's that they sell for people who think they getting a great deal on a Sony cause they paid 600 bucks for it..

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

I didn't take you for one of those people, but in this day, you can never be sure

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

and i wouldn't be into shiny aluminum either..

the charcoal case on my baby suits me just fine..

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Who have had their brains turned to Mush by SQL DBase Queries.

And I know it's not Pink it a Faded Red as the Blood is slowly fading into the dim memory.

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

*laugh at me will you* ]:)

Well, it came free with the laptop, it never gave me any problems, so i renewed..been using it for over 2 yrs, first time i've had issues...

not so sure about the 12 guage...
    was thinking i might poke it with a sharp stick though?

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

Ha...

tried Norton (360), didn't much like it.

I have always had good experiences with McAfee (when it doesn't decide to disable it own firewall) and Trend Micro

+
    0 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

Gave up on Symantec in 2006. (You knew someone would, I know you knew.) :^0

+
    0 Votes
    nospam.online

I have it (2010) on both my PC's at home, all 4 here in my office and the school domain use's Symantec Corp. edition and not a problem with any of it directly related to the AV. I did mess up some install on the Server side but since found issue and fixed it. Are you sure the install went correctly? I've never seen it update to 2010 (been using them for year's) on it's on without a user saying ok but perhaps a try with there tech support to remove and re-install is in order. Maybe there is a trojan issue? Conflict with spyware? Firewall?

Just some thoughts...

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I'm banking its firewall issues mostly..I just don't know how to set it properly though..

As for the install..it probably did ask me, and i assumed it was updates or soemthing and said yes..
    All i know is i log in one day after xmas, and it tells me its been upgraded and it dropped a widget onto my desktop..

Might drop them a mail, but not interested in spending the next month trying to fix it..would uninstall it before went through the hassle to be honest.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Click Happy End Users never tread anything at all, they just click on things because they are there. X-(

Download this tool

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Norton-Removal-Tool.shtml

Then reinstall the thing clean. It may help.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

Col...your gonna pay for that!

I don't click on things cause they are there.. I don't actually remember telling it to upgrade..but in a rush I may have accepted it, as i have it set to ask me to OK the updates ect..

Ya, might uninstall and see how that goes..

+
    0 Votes
    Ron K.

Everytime I've removed Norton it was like night and day speedwise. Don't forget that Norton removal tool. I had Norton Security Scan or whatever on here recently and I had to use the tool because it just didn't want to let go of my computer. <br>
    You could always breakdown and buy imaging software to backup what you have now in case you *hurl* want to go back to Norton. I'll even go as far as saying that you should backup all of your important files before you pull the plug in case you have to start from scratch. You do have backups for your data, right?

+
    0 Votes
    cmiller5400

I actually timed it one day on boot, then removed it then timed again. If I remember correctly, it booted over 4 times slower with it installed.

I switched to AVG free edition, and loved it so much, I purchased the full professional edition and I have been using it for over 4 years now (I think 4 but maybe 3, I can't remember these days )

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

uninstalling Norton, reboot, doing a defrag (while not being connected to the internet, obviously), reboot, reinstalling Norton.

that might help

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

likely do so..when i have the time..
    anyone got some spare time they can share with me????

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

and I hate it...

Too bad I'm on the other side of the world

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I don't need much, just a couple hours to get a few pc maintence thingys done...

well, could you FedEx some????

I will send you some of my "busy time"... you want SQL 2008 course, gym time, or work??

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

If you want something done give it to a

Busy Person

Those with lots of time on their hands never get anything done.

So to help you no end all I can suggest is

Doing It Yourself.

After all what do I have to loose now that you are out to get me? :^0

Besides Martin doesn't know it yet but his hands have been Fed-Ex'ed to me Monday 18-January 2010.

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

they just disappeared on me

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

the SQL course.

can I email the free time... it's faster

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

what process is hogging all the resources.

after a bit of research (in all my spare time ) I found a lot of people complaining about Norton's idle scan, that might be your problem.

+
    0 Votes
    incurablegeek

Wow! You might have inadvertently helped me more than you think. Thus far I have loved this new version of Norton (2010 Internet Security) BUT maybe that's the reason all of a sudden my trusty HP P-2015 won't connect via USB and my brand-new Xerox Phaser 3300MFP won't network via TCP/IP (which I have juggled to the point of becoming dizzy) but only via USB. If I can help you, I would suggest you uninstall your Norton, as shall I, and see if that is the problem. Like you, I have now 2 solid weeks invested in fixing these printer/networking problems - problems I have never encountered in 20 years of computing. "Rots of Ruck", as my Japanese friends would say.

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I've got a million and one (ok..maybe i'm exagerating a bit) of those type of things in my Norton logs..looks like its maybe attempting to block my wireless router??

Let us know how you get on with youyr problem. The answer may be useful to the rest of us!
    hehehe @ rots of ruck :)

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I guess I'll try to uninstall and start from scratch and see if that makes any difference.

Might email them as well..see if they have anything to say.

Sadly, have no time this week to do it, so hopefully next week I can give it a go..

Will update you when I do it.

Thanks for the laughs guys :)

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Do as one guy here did with the first batch of IBM's PC's he shot the crap out of it and then returned it for a Warranty Repair/Replacement.

Claiming that the Faulty Second Rate Software caused him to shot the computer out of sheer desperation. I know that I did give him a new one but only on the proviso that he took some free Lessons on the software that I organized for him. I just thought that maybe it was a better idea to do that then to have him come in and shot the crap out of the PC side of the business.

Though to be perfectly honest the Guy running that side of the business didn't think so and insisted that the Mainframe Section pay for what I had done as I didn't have the authority to give away profits from his side of the business. Of course the fact that he hid when this guy came in and couldn't be found or otherwise contacted didn't help.

After really ****ing off this guy and refusing to do anything at all he decided that cowardice was better than facing the mess that he had made so till that was sorted he had instructed his minions to do as best they could with this guy. Their Solution was to get Someone Senior with a Technical Background to sort out the mess. Naturally the Accountant who ran the PC side of the business couldn't do anything unless it showed a profit and any expense had to be trimmed as it was money out of the companies pocket. Throwing a Tech into this mess after he had the guy all worked up was defiantly not the right thing to do as I settled the mess and had everyone but the head of that department happy. His staff where happy as they had not been shot at or otherwise abused, the Owner was happy as he had been told that this was Easy to use and the only one unhappy was the Coward who hid to not antagonize the customer any further. I personally think he was **** Scared as the customer was coming in to kill him and then drive the now dead PC into his lifeless body. I would have paid to see that actually.

So here blame Norton's and do the same. Just remember to add your Best IRA Accent when you ring Sony and demand a new one to replace the now dead one. If you don't want to shot it you can always **** it up as that to would be believable. :^0

Col

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

that's not right

we were meant to laugh at you

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

go ahead..its like water off a ducks back..

now behave or i'll take away the thumbs up i gave ye !

+
    0 Votes
    DMambo

Norton is the MOST INSIDIOUS installation ever devised by Satan. It drops crap in the registry that you'd never expect to look for. After you do the uninstall, use CCleaner to clear out at least some of that mess. Good luck. I'm with those above that dropped Norton years ago. It was when they got me to upgrade 2 months before my subscription ran out, then used that date as the new subscription date. Bastards!

• +
    0 Votes
    santeewelding

Do what a woman scorned does.

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I may have to...but if possible I'd prefer to get it sorted another way :)

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

I can not help you here. I gave up using Norton's when Internet Security came out years ago now. Well at least for the Workstation.

Norton's Internet Security was my Bugbear Program I could never get it to work properly or for that matter be part way usable so I swallowed my pride and dumped it on my personal systems as well as for all those who I was paid to work for.

While the Corporate Version works a treat the Personal Version is the biggest pile of Sh1te I have even had the misfortune to use.

But it's just like a woman to pay money and then demand to use what they have paid for because they paid for it. I personally prefer to have something that is usable and use that. It's much cheaper to do things that way.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

Ah, trust me..not at liberty to divulge, but the corporate is just a big of pile.....

Well, you know me..if it works i don't really care, and up till 3 weeks ago, i never ever had an issue with it..

Was asking around work today, and the exact same thing has happened for someone else..they got so annoyed that they shut it off..lol

Well..hopefully someone somewhere can help me with the stupid settings soon..if not..its going in the bin

Only took me 2 weeks to figure out it was the AV to begin with!

+
    0 Votes
    Ron K.

I've not seen the Norton product you have but based on experience with an AVG update where they added a link scanner I'd look to see if Norton has one and maybe turn that off to see if it runs better. AVG ran slow until they had another update that fixed the slow speed of scanning links.<br>
    There are several other tools that work well for scanning links upon access and they're free. <br>
    That's the best I've got. Good luck.

+
    0 Votes
    Ron K.

errr... ummm... I mean, that's a bummer. :^0 <br>
    I gave up on everything Norton about like Col did, after having Norton Internet Security. I remember forum posts where people were saying Norton was a virus itself, that it 'infected' every bit of a computer and slowed it down.<br>
    Tweaks? Shoot it with a 12 gauge to start with then work your way down slowly to a .22. That'll tweak it.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Shelly should start with a 20 Gage not a 12. That doesn't do enough damage.

A friend or should that read fiend has a Double Under & Over 20 Gage and a 303, he constantly claims that the Telescopic Sight is for the 303 but I've watched him use it with the 20 Gage and Duck Shot in the Barrel.

After 3 or 400 rounds of the 20 Gage there will not be much left of Shelly's Sony so she doesn't need to work her way down to a 22. She'll have worked off her frustrations long before then anyway.

However she could use the same mates 50 MM Machine Gun though personally I think it's much more of a Canon rather than a Machine Gun. Every third round is a Tracer just to help you target your fire. The lad has it on display in his Living Room hanging off a wall with a couple of rounds in a cabinet beside it. When the Police come around to collect him for something that they want done they are not silly enough to ask a Ex Army Surgeon if that is a real weapon on the wall or if they are live rounds. Just the ideal weapon to use on any Vaio if you ask me though. [maniacal laughter]

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

My Vaio is my baby!! I can't kill it!!!

*sniff*
    if it dies then how will I pretend I'm a secret agent in a Bond movie???

< walks away muttering..can't be a secret agent without a Vaio... >

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

HA! that's probably the problem

+
    0 Votes

Ha!

Shellbot

Get thee away from my Vaio... !!!!!!

She's a beauty..and no one can tell me different.

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

ya ya ya...

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Sony is only fit for Users in ****.

Or at least they make it **** on Earth if you use a Sony. [Maniacal Laughter]

But to be perfectly honest Shelly only bought that one because she liked the nice shiny looks. She's really a Magpie who is incapable of controlling herself when she sees something shiny. God help us when she sees that new Aluminum Acer NB. She'll be trying to kill her Sony by Sacrificing it to her favorite God, Gremlin whatever to get one of the even shiner Acers. Most likely she's think that a 50MM Machine gun will not kill it fast enough for her liking.

For those not meterificed yet 50 MM is 2 Inches and that is the diameter of the shells that it lobs out of the barrel.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

That it is pink.

HP also make some aluminum NB, they look pretty much like the Macbook Pro (without the DVD Drive).

It's only a matter of time

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

pink???
    pink..????

excuse me..but it is not pink..
    don't be presuming i've got one of those cheap-o Sony's that they sell for people who think they getting a great deal on a Sony cause they paid 600 bucks for it..

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

I didn't take you for one of those people, but in this day, you can never be sure

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

and i wouldn't be into shiny aluminum either..

the charcoal case on my baby suits me just fine..

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Who have had their brains turned to Mush by SQL DBase Queries.

And I know it's not Pink it a Faded Red as the Blood is slowly fading into the dim memory.

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

*laugh at me will you* ]:)

Well, it came free with the laptop, it never gave me any problems, so i renewed..been using it for over 2 yrs, first time i've had issues...

not so sure about the 12 guage...
    was thinking i might poke it with a sharp stick though?

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

Ha...

tried Norton (360), didn't much like it.

I have always had good experiences with McAfee (when it doesn't decide to disable it own firewall) and Trend Micro

+
    0 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

Gave up on Symantec in 2006. (You knew someone would, I know you knew.) :^0

+
    0 Votes
    nospam.online

I have it (2010) on both my PC's at home, all 4 here in my office and the school domain use's Symantec Corp. edition and not a problem with any of it directly related to the AV. I did mess up some install on the Server side but since found issue and fixed it. Are you sure the install went correctly? I've never seen it update to 2010 (been using them for year's) on it's on without a user saying ok but perhaps a try with there tech support to remove and re-install is in order. Maybe there is a trojan issue? Conflict with spyware? Firewall?

Just some thoughts...

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I'm banking its firewall issues mostly..I just don't know how to set it properly though..

As for the install..it probably did ask me, and i assumed it was updates or soemthing and said yes..
    All i know is i log in one day after xmas, and it tells me its been upgraded and it dropped a widget onto my desktop..

Might drop them a mail, but not interested in spending the next month trying to fix it..would uninstall it before went through the hassle to be honest.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Click Happy End Users never tread anything at all, they just click on things because they are there. X-(

Download this tool

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Norton-Removal-Tool.shtml

Then reinstall the thing clean. It may help.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

Col...your gonna pay for that!

I don't click on things cause they are there.. I don't actually remember telling it to upgrade..but in a rush I may have accepted it, as i have it set to ask me to OK the updates ect..

Ya, might uninstall and see how that goes..

+
    0 Votes
    Ron K.

Everytime I've removed Norton it was like night and day speedwise. Don't forget that Norton removal tool. I had Norton Security Scan or whatever on here recently and I had to use the tool because it just didn't want to let go of my computer. <br>
    You could always breakdown and buy imaging software to backup what you have now in case you *hurl* want to go back to Norton. I'll even go as far as saying that you should backup all of your important files before you pull the plug in case you have to start from scratch. You do have backups for your data, right?

+
    0 Votes
    cmiller5400

I actually timed it one day on boot, then removed it then timed again. If I remember correctly, it booted over 4 times slower with it installed.

I switched to AVG free edition, and loved it so much, I purchased the full professional edition and I have been using it for over 4 years now (I think 4 but maybe 3, I can't remember these days )

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

uninstalling Norton, reboot, doing a defrag (while not being connected to the internet, obviously), reboot, reinstalling Norton.

that might help

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

likely do so..when i have the time..
    anyone got some spare time they can share with me????

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

and I hate it...

Too bad I'm on the other side of the world

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I don't need much, just a couple hours to get a few pc maintence thingys done...

well, could you FedEx some????

I will send you some of my "busy time"... you want SQL 2008 course, gym time, or work??

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

If you want something done give it to a

Busy Person

Those with lots of time on their hands never get anything done.

So to help you no end all I can suggest is

Doing It Yourself.

After all what do I have to loose now that you are out to get me? :^0

Besides Martin doesn't know it yet but his hands have been Fed-Ex'ed to me Monday 18-January 2010.

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

they just disappeared on me

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

the SQL course.

can I email the free time... it's faster

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

what process is hogging all the resources.

after a bit of research (in all my spare time ) I found a lot of people complaining about Norton's idle scan, that might be your problem.

+
    0 Votes
    incurablegeek

Wow! You might have inadvertently helped me more than you think. Thus far I have loved this new version of Norton (2010 Internet Security) BUT maybe that's the reason all of a sudden my trusty HP P-2015 won't connect via USB and my brand-new Xerox Phaser 3300MFP won't network via TCP/IP (which I have juggled to the point of becoming dizzy) but only via USB. If I can help you, I would suggest you uninstall your Norton, as shall I, and see if that is the problem. Like you, I have now 2 solid weeks invested in fixing these printer/networking problems - problems I have never encountered in 20 years of computing. "Rots of Ruck", as my Japanese friends would say.

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I've got a million and one (ok..maybe i'm exagerating a bit) of those type of things in my Norton logs..looks like its maybe attempting to block my wireless router??

Let us know how you get on with youyr problem. The answer may be useful to the rest of us!
    hehehe @ rots of ruck :)

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

I guess I'll try to uninstall and start from scratch and see if that makes any difference.

Might email them as well..see if they have anything to say.

Sadly, have no time this week to do it, so hopefully next week I can give it a go..

Will update you when I do it.

Thanks for the laughs guys :)

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Do as one guy here did with the first batch of IBM's PC's he shot the crap out of it and then returned it for a Warranty Repair/Replacement.

Claiming that the Faulty Second Rate Software caused him to shot the computer out of sheer desperation. I know that I did give him a new one but only on the proviso that he took some free Lessons on the software that I organized for him. I just thought that maybe it was a better idea to do that then to have him come in and shot the crap out of the PC side of the business.

Though to be perfectly honest the Guy running that side of the business didn't think so and insisted that the Mainframe Section pay for what I had done as I didn't have the authority to give away profits from his side of the business. Of course the fact that he hid when this guy came in and couldn't be found or otherwise contacted didn't help.

After really ****ing off this guy and refusing to do anything at all he decided that cowardice was better than facing the mess that he had made so till that was sorted he had instructed his minions to do as best they could with this guy. Their Solution was to get Someone Senior with a Technical Background to sort out the mess. Naturally the Accountant who ran the PC side of the business couldn't do anything unless it showed a profit and any expense had to be trimmed as it was money out of the companies pocket. Throwing a Tech into this mess after he had the guy all worked up was defiantly not the right thing to do as I settled the mess and had everyone but the head of that department happy. His staff where happy as they had not been shot at or otherwise abused, the Owner was happy as he had been told that this was Easy to use and the only one unhappy was the Coward who hid to not antagonize the customer any further. I personally think he was **** Scared as the customer was coming in to kill him and then drive the now dead PC into his lifeless body. I would have paid to see that actually.

So here blame Norton's and do the same. Just remember to add your Best IRA Accent when you ring Sony and demand a new one to replace the now dead one. If you don't want to shot it you can always **** it up as that to would be believable. :^0

Col

+
    0 Votes
    .Martin.

that's not right

we were meant to laugh at you

+
    0 Votes
    Shellbot

go ahead..its like water off a ducks back..

now behave or i'll take away the thumbs up i gave ye !

+
    0 Votes
    DMambo

Norton is the MOST INSIDIOUS installation ever devised by Satan. It drops crap in the registry that you'd never expect to look for. After you do the uninstall, use CCleaner to clear out at least some of that mess. Good luck. I'm with those above that dropped Norton years ago. It was when they got me to upgrade 2 months before my subscription ran out, then used that date as the new subscription date. Bastards!