Questions

Office 2007

+
0 Votes

Office 2007

ssanders
I will surely feel like an idiot when I find out how easy this will likely turn out to be. In previous versions, one could click help, about, to see version info such as which service pack is installed. How is this done in Office 2007? I can't seem to find it.
Thanks in advance,
SS
  • +
    0 Votes
    faradhi

select Word Options.
    Select Resources
    You should then see a button labeled about.

Hope this helps.

+
    0 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

love it faradhi. Crack me up.
    I spent my lab hours last night helping students print via 'the Orb'. They were lost without the file menu to which they have become accustomed.

+
    0 Votes
    Sue T

You should download the interactive guides to Office 2007 from Microsoft's site. They are great and the students soon learned where everything is. The guides are free so there is no reason not to try them. It will save you frustration and the users won't be contacting you for how to do something.

+
    0 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

Posted links to the various MS tutorials in their BlackBoard.

My lab serves students in a variety of other web-based classes also. Keyboarding is one, and the one in which the most Windows questions pop up. They use a particular program for everything they do, including print, but when they get to the next level which includes formatting and using Word, they are lost.

I love my job, but the incredible reliance on programs for everything appears to - at least under certain circumstances - serve only to 'dumb down' the students.

I provide a variety of links to all sorts of interesting information related to a particular subject via Blackboard. I enable tracking, meaning that I can see who has and how many times s/he has accessed those links. Link access is dismal. Am working now on including that info in tests in order to goad students into viewing the stuff. Ugh. Trying to interest the uninterested...

tide pyto

+
    0 Votes
    faradhi

I am too lazy to look it up so I went descriptive.

Glad you got a chuckle out of it.

+
    0 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

that would be the OFFICE button!

+
    0 Votes
    faradhi

I am going to stick with ....

The Orb...

+
    0 Votes
    J3

I tried ORB>Word/Excel/Access Options (depending what program you are using)
    Then RESOURCES>ABOUT>Lists the Version

• +
    0 Votes
    faradhi

select Word Options.
    Select Resources
    You should then see a button labeled about.

Hope this helps.

+
    0 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

love it faradhi. Crack me up.
    I spent my lab hours last night helping students print via 'the Orb'. They were lost without the file menu to which they have become accustomed.

+
    0 Votes
    Sue T

You should download the interactive guides to Office 2007 from Microsoft's site. They are great and the students soon learned where everything is. The guides are free so there is no reason not to try them. It will save you frustration and the users won't be contacting you for how to do something.

+
    0 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

Posted links to the various MS tutorials in their BlackBoard.

My lab serves students in a variety of other web-based classes also. Keyboarding is one, and the one in which the most Windows questions pop up. They use a particular program for everything they do, including print, but when they get to the next level which includes formatting and using Word, they are lost.

I love my job, but the incredible reliance on programs for everything appears to - at least under certain circumstances - serve only to 'dumb down' the students.

I provide a variety of links to all sorts of interesting information related to a particular subject via Blackboard. I enable tracking, meaning that I can see who has and how many times s/he has accessed those links. Link access is dismal. Am working now on including that info in tests in order to goad students into viewing the stuff. Ugh. Trying to interest the uninterested...

tide pyto

+
    0 Votes
    faradhi

I am too lazy to look it up so I went descriptive.

Glad you got a chuckle out of it.

+
    0 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

that would be the OFFICE button!

+
    0 Votes
    faradhi

I am going to stick with ....

The Orb...

+
    0 Votes
    J3

I tried ORB>Word/Excel/Access Options (depending what program you are using)
    Then RESOURCES>ABOUT>Lists the Version