Questions

Office 2007 help - help!

+
0 Votes

Office 2007 help - help!

nealonions
Anyone know why Office 2007 help displays some (most) content in 'raw' XML?
  • +
    0 Votes
    Hellmut in Seattle

I have the same problem on one machine, but not the other. You can temporarily get rid of it by clicking on the little down arrow next to search and select Word Help (and perhaps other items) in the upper section of the dialog box. However, you have to do this each time you open Help. I would be interested to know where you can set this as a default.

+
    0 Votes
    nealonions

Thanx, not been to the down arrow before. Seems to switch between using local help files and ones online. Hence I suspect it means that it's somthing to do with the local files.

Interesting that it happens on one of your machines only. I am running XP/SP2 on this one and also had the beta of 2007 installed previously - any similarities/difference their with your 2 machines?

I guess switching to online help might be a more up-to-date source. Would be interested in how to default to that too,

• +
    0 Votes
    Hellmut in Seattle

I have the same problem on one machine, but not the other. You can temporarily get rid of it by clicking on the little down arrow next to search and select Word Help (and perhaps other items) in the upper section of the dialog box. However, you have to do this each time you open Help. I would be interested to know where you can set this as a default.

+
    0 Votes
    nealonions

Thanx, not been to the down arrow before. Seems to switch between using local help files and ones online. Hence I suspect it means that it's somthing to do with the local files.

Interesting that it happens on one of your machines only. I am running XP/SP2 on this one and also had the beta of 2007 installed previously - any similarities/difference their with your 2 machines?

I guess switching to online help might be a more up-to-date source. Would be interested in how to default to that too,