Questions

office 2010, save and send giving error in all MS office apps

Tags:
+
0 Votes

office 2010, save and send giving error in all MS office apps

RG11
We just installed MS Office 2010 on win XP Pro machine. When we go into any office application and try to send an attachment from within the application(file, save and send, send as attachment) we get an error. "excel/word/powerpoint/ect encounted a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience. The information you were working on may be lost. MS excel can try to recover it for you". We are using outlook 2010 and exchange. Outlook is set as the default mail client. Any thoughts?
  • +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

How did you install 2010?

What was on the systems before you installed it?

Did you first uninstall the previous version of Office?

From memory 2010 runs on XP without issues but it's not something I have used often because my customers have not moved away from 2003 yet for strictly their own reasons of the new DOCX Format not being an acceptable format to submit tenders in at the moment at least.

Col

• +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

How did you install 2010?

What was on the systems before you installed it?

Did you first uninstall the previous version of Office?

From memory 2010 runs on XP without issues but it's not something I have used often because my customers have not moved away from 2003 yet for strictly their own reasons of the new DOCX Format not being an acceptable format to submit tenders in at the moment at least.

Col