Questions

office 2207 on a windows 8 laptop

+
1 Votes

office 2207 on a windows 8 laptop

rogcoley
installed office 2007 on a laptop with windows 8, Moved a bunch of files from a free agent drive to documents on windows 8 machine. when i try to open them i have to right click and tell i to use word or i get msg" you are trying to use office but don't have office". is there a way to disable this annoying message?

Member Answers

• +
      0 Votes
      TheChas

I would start by installing the Office 2007 Service Packs. Present level is Service Pack for Office 2007.

Next would be the Office compatibility pack.

Final thing would be to check file associations. Not sure where these are in Windows 8.
      In Windows 7, you open Control Panel and select Default Programs. Then, choose either Set default programs or Associate a file type, and select the program and action for each file type.

Chas

• +
      0 Votes
      TheChas

I would start by installing the Office 2007 Service Packs. Present level is Service Pack for Office 2007.

Next would be the Office compatibility pack.

Final thing would be to check file associations. Not sure where these are in Windows 8.
      In Windows 7, you open Control Panel and select Default Programs. Then, choose either Set default programs or Associate a file type, and select the program and action for each file type.

Chas