Questions

Outlook 2000 - Mail format Tab is greyed out

+
0 Votes

Outlook 2000 - Mail format Tab is greyed out

pgardiye
Hi There folks,

When i go to options --> mail format tab, all the message format options are greyed out for some reason. Does anyone know a solution to enable this function?

Cheers.
  • +
    0 Votes
    hicksteruk

Most likely you have been sent an e-mail that is in "Plain Text" or you have your Outlook set to send "Plain Text" e-mails.

If it is the first, then open the message you have been sent and change the format to "Rich Text" or "HTML". I forget exactly where it is but it should be in the menus. View i think.

If it is the second then you should be able to find the same option but within outlooks main window.

Hope this help

Let me know how it goes.

PJ

+
    0 Votes
    chamberli

What you said works. Switch it from either plain text or rich text format to HTML and it will become un-grayed-out. Thanks for the help 'cause I had the same problem

• +
    0 Votes
    hicksteruk

Most likely you have been sent an e-mail that is in "Plain Text" or you have your Outlook set to send "Plain Text" e-mails.

If it is the first, then open the message you have been sent and change the format to "Rich Text" or "HTML". I forget exactly where it is but it should be in the menus. View i think.

If it is the second then you should be able to find the same option but within outlooks main window.

Hope this help

Let me know how it goes.

PJ

+
    0 Votes
    chamberli

What you said works. Switch it from either plain text or rich text format to HTML and it will become un-grayed-out. Thanks for the help 'cause I had the same problem