Questions

Outlook 2002 address book warning

+
0 Votes

Outlook 2002 address book warning

p_cheatum
I have used Outlook 2002 since it came out. Recently, last week, when starting a New e-mail message, I get a warning saying "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?". Then I have the option of Yes or no. It also gives me the option of "Allow access for" and a drop down giving me up to 10 minutes of allowable time.

This may have to do with Word as I use it to edit my e-mail but cannot find anything about it at Microsoft or on the net.

I would like to be able to disable this option as it gets annoying having to answer this all day long.

Thank you for any assistance.
  • +
    0 Votes
    j.kyle.moore

Did you ever get a solution for this error? I have contacted Microsoft about this error and have not gotten an answer back yet.
    I just started seeing this error last week, hopefully it is not a virus and is another program trying to access my email.

+
    0 Votes

No

p_cheatum

I have not received any information on this as of yet. I run my antivirus and spyware programs daily and they do not find anything. This started after some updates were applied to the computer. I'm guessing this is new "safety" feature that MS has instigated but it's annoying. I'd like to just turn it off.

+
    0 Votes
    jennifer_francis

I am getting this message as well just after getting updates from microsoft. I also have Microsoft activesync. Could this be the program trying to access my contacts? How can I disable this message?

+
    0 Votes
    p_cheatum

I found this on the MS website which may answer your question, however, I don't have ActiveSync on my computer. I have no sychronizing programs at all. I found that if I turn off MS Word as my e-mail editor, that prevents the message from appearing since this is the program trying to access the address book.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011127891033.aspx

+
    0 Votes
    urbanop

Same issue here with new DELL notebook (Vista) - same messages neverending - went to the URL you left and MS blames it on 3rd party sync'g S/W - RIGHT! 2002 works just great on this system until I downloaded MS' Windows Mobile Center 6.0 (on Palms assurance that it is MS' issue and they have taken care of the problem with their S/W) then we have continuous error message and loss of login/PW memory. So now what??

+
    0 Votes
    jalg05309

Unless you know
    a) what the application is that is requesting access; &
    b) how to allow permanent access

Then the website page is worse than useless

BTW: this never happened on my old HP DV 4000 series laptop running XP Home SP2 & IE7 up to a month ago, but is happening all the time on my new (well, refurbished to new!) Dell 1525 running XP Pro SP3 &IE8, both with all the latest updates at the time.

Makes me want to spit!

• +
    0 Votes
    j.kyle.moore

Did you ever get a solution for this error? I have contacted Microsoft about this error and have not gotten an answer back yet.
    I just started seeing this error last week, hopefully it is not a virus and is another program trying to access my email.

+
    0 Votes

No

p_cheatum

I have not received any information on this as of yet. I run my antivirus and spyware programs daily and they do not find anything. This started after some updates were applied to the computer. I'm guessing this is new "safety" feature that MS has instigated but it's annoying. I'd like to just turn it off.

+
    0 Votes
    jennifer_francis

I am getting this message as well just after getting updates from microsoft. I also have Microsoft activesync. Could this be the program trying to access my contacts? How can I disable this message?

+
    0 Votes
    p_cheatum

I found this on the MS website which may answer your question, however, I don't have ActiveSync on my computer. I have no sychronizing programs at all. I found that if I turn off MS Word as my e-mail editor, that prevents the message from appearing since this is the program trying to access the address book.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011127891033.aspx

+
    0 Votes
    urbanop

Same issue here with new DELL notebook (Vista) - same messages neverending - went to the URL you left and MS blames it on 3rd party sync'g S/W - RIGHT! 2002 works just great on this system until I downloaded MS' Windows Mobile Center 6.0 (on Palms assurance that it is MS' issue and they have taken care of the problem with their S/W) then we have continuous error message and loss of login/PW memory. So now what??

+
    0 Votes
    jalg05309

Unless you know
    a) what the application is that is requesting access; &
    b) how to allow permanent access

Then the website page is worse than useless

BTW: this never happened on my old HP DV 4000 series laptop running XP Home SP2 & IE7 up to a month ago, but is happening all the time on my new (well, refurbished to new!) Dell 1525 running XP Pro SP3 &IE8, both with all the latest updates at the time.

Makes me want to spit!