Questions

Outlook 2002: Displaying Hotmail As Outlook Today By Default

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Outlook 2002: Displaying Hotmail As Outlook Today By Default

mediamaniac
Is it possible to make my Hotmail account folders populate "Outlook Today" by default? If so, how?

When I launch Outlook 2002, it always displays the inactive POP3 account by default and I use the web-based Hotmail Calendar, Contacts and Tasks in Outlook 2002 as my primary account tools.
  • +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

.... just delete the account from Outlook and it will quit being displayed.

You can download your Hotmail email in Outlook 2002. It takes Outlook 2003 or 2007 along with the Outlook Connector to do more with it, like display the Hotmail folders in Outlook. However, I don't believe it is possible to populate "Outlook Today" from your web based Hotmail calendar, contacts and tasks even WITH the newer versions of Outlook and the Connector. There may be a way, but there is no HELP for that function in Hotmail. You would need to contact them for further information.

• +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

.... just delete the account from Outlook and it will quit being displayed.

You can download your Hotmail email in Outlook 2002. It takes Outlook 2003 or 2007 along with the Outlook Connector to do more with it, like display the Hotmail folders in Outlook. However, I don't believe it is possible to populate "Outlook Today" from your web based Hotmail calendar, contacts and tasks even WITH the newer versions of Outlook and the Connector. There may be a way, but there is no HELP for that function in Hotmail. You would need to contact them for further information.