Questions

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise

raharr
I am trying to get Outlook 2003 to work with Groupwise. I can get it to do everything, but send emails. Every time I try to send an email it gives an error, "The message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook". I have installed outlook 2003 sp and groupwise sp. Still getting the same error. I have removed everything, cleaned the reg, etc. Reinstalled everything, still getting the same error. The calendar, note, and receiving emails works find. This only happens when I try and send an email.
  • +
    0 Votes
    davelacey

Find an answer to your question - I get exactly the same issues when trying to get these two to work together.

D

+
    0 Votes
    raharr

No. Apparently no one seems to have the answer. The only thing I have found is that it may work with Groupwise 7.x. Only thing is, we are running 6.5.

Russ

+
    0 Votes
    antonio.norrell

According to Novell...Outlook 2003 is not compatible with anything older than GroupWise 7.

+
    0 Votes
    antonio.norrell

According to Novell...Outlook 2003 is not compatible with anything older than GroupWise 7.

+
    0 Votes
    tbereta

To get them to like each other and work together, you must download the latest patch for Groupwise 6.5.6 I believe is the latest. There are still bugs with it though but it does work.

+
    0 Votes
    JPabst

I am trying to work thru the exact thing you described. If I start up Outlook and try to run a POP3 acct, everything works fine except sending a message, that fails. I receive mail and everything else works. GW will work fine, until I start up Outlook and try to use it, then it doesnt work and GW next time I try to use it, click on most anything and it crashes. Reinstalling GW is the only thing that fixes it.

• +
    0 Votes
    davelacey

Find an answer to your question - I get exactly the same issues when trying to get these two to work together.

D

+
    0 Votes
    raharr

No. Apparently no one seems to have the answer. The only thing I have found is that it may work with Groupwise 7.x. Only thing is, we are running 6.5.

Russ

+
    0 Votes
    antonio.norrell

+
    0 Votes
    antonio.norrell

+
    0 Votes
    tbereta

To get them to like each other and work together, you must download the latest patch for Groupwise 6.5.6 I believe is the latest. There are still bugs with it though but it does work.

+
    0 Votes
    JPabst

I am trying to work thru the exact thing you described. If I start up Outlook and try to run a POP3 acct, everything works fine except sending a message, that fails. I receive mail and everything else works. GW will work fine, until I start up Outlook and try to use it, then it doesnt work and GW next time I try to use it, click on most anything and it crashes. Reinstalling GW is the only thing that fixes it.