Questions

Outlook 2003 connection/communication error

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Outlook 2003 connection/communication error

cmacdonald
I keep getting this error in Outlook 2003: "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again"

It is totally random, it can just be sitting there doing nothing, or writing an email or sending etc...
It's Office 2003 SP3. Anyone have any ideas about this? I'd done a detect repair and reinstalled office and still no go. I can't find anything about this error anywhere.
  • +
    0 Votes
    jimmy-jam

Are you wireless, LAN... if you are on a company LAN have you tried other network ports (if possible). Are you certain that you are connecting to the switch at proper speed, for example, maybe your NIC is set to force 100Mbps full duplex but your switch port is configured to force 100 1/2 or some other type of speed mismatch anomaly.It could also be some kind of broadcast storm or other network traffic problem where the traffic is so great it breaks communication with the server.

Hope that makes sense and I hope that helps.

+
    0 Votes
    joe.blow

It's an OLE problem:
    Open the "run" command:
    Start->Run:
    Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
    I hope this helps....

• +
    0 Votes
    jimmy-jam

Are you wireless, LAN... if you are on a company LAN have you tried other network ports (if possible). Are you certain that you are connecting to the switch at proper speed, for example, maybe your NIC is set to force 100Mbps full duplex but your switch port is configured to force 100 1/2 or some other type of speed mismatch anomaly.It could also be some kind of broadcast storm or other network traffic problem where the traffic is so great it breaks communication with the server.

Hope that makes sense and I hope that helps.

+
    0 Votes
    joe.blow

It's an OLE problem:
    Open the "run" command:
    Start->Run:
    Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
    I hope this helps....