Questions

Outlook 2003 Crashing when running in Cached mode

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Outlook 2003 Crashing when running in Cached mode

suresh.pindoria
HELP!!

When Outlook is being fired it keeps on saying it is "Retreiving mailbox data of USER****" this process takes sometime, infact today to well over 40 minutes on a 6.5GB mailbox. Outlook is running in cached mode and have unchecked send & receive define groups but still taking a long time to recover data. This is happening for around 40 peolpe in my firm, mailbox sizes differ from largest 10GB to 3.5GB.
Offten happening when PC is fired up in the morning... any ideas?
  • +
    0 Votes
    sean.barnardo

I have a very similar issue. Although some users appear to be able to function in Cached Mode, while others do not. When I do configure Cached Mode it takes ages for synchronisation to work. Most of my users with Cahced Mode are laptop users. I have afew Workstation users configured in Cached Mode to test, and they are fine!

Why does this happen, and what can be done to solve this issue?

• +
    0 Votes
    sean.barnardo

I have a very similar issue. Although some users appear to be able to function in Cached Mode, while others do not. When I do configure Cached Mode it takes ages for synchronisation to work. Most of my users with Cahced Mode are laptop users. I have afew Workstation users configured in Cached Mode to test, and they are fine!

Why does this happen, and what can be done to solve this issue?