Questions

Outlook 2003 Delegates

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Outlook 2003 Delegates

Rabbit_Runner
I have a user who needs to delegate their mailbox. Getting to the delegate selection is no problem.
Tools > Options > Delegates (tab) > Add
PROBLEM:
In the "Show names from the:" window, there is only one (1) option. In this case, it is NOT the Global Address List.

My question is what/where/how can that option be modified so that the user can select the Global Address List.

Additional info: I have checked other users, and each one has a different possibility. Two are able to use the GAL, but two others have something else. In all cases there is only one selection, the drop down window does not allow any other selection.

Any help would be most appreciated.
  • +
    0 Votes
    IC-IT

Try this;
    Go to Actions, Address Book, (AB)Tools, Options.
    See if the "Show this address book first" shows the GAL.
    Then in the last Box "When sending ...... following order" Add all the desired options.

Hopefully that will add the desired choices.

+
    0 Votes
    Rabbit_Runner

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I've tried that location. That doesn't work, at least when I tried it. We didn't reboot, but we did close Outlook, then come back in again.

• +
    0 Votes
    IC-IT

Try this;
    Go to Actions, Address Book, (AB)Tools, Options.
    See if the "Show this address book first" shows the GAL.
    Then in the last Box "When sending ...... following order" Add all the desired options.

Hopefully that will add the desired choices.

+
    0 Votes
    Rabbit_Runner

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I've tried that location. That doesn't work, at least when I tried it. We didn't reboot, but we did close Outlook, then come back in again.