Questions

Outlook 2003 downloads all emails to wrong folder

+
0 Votes

Outlook 2003 downloads all emails to wrong folder

kevin
Out of the blue, Outlook has started putting downloaded emails straight into the wrong folder, disregarding the inbox or the folder designated by any rules for that email.

Any one have any ideas what I can do about this, or must I reinstall Office
  • +
    0 Votes
    netwrk_admn

Have you recently created a new PST (personal storage file)?

What do you exactly mean by 'wrong' folder?

+
    0 Votes
    kevin

The 'wrong' folder can by any folder. In this last instance it was a folder I set up called "Entertainment" but on a previous download everything went into another folder I set up called "Purchase Hold"

+
    0 Votes
    kevin

I backed up and then deleted all my rules and now everything seems to be working so I suspect, unless the problem comes back again, I have something wrong in my rules.

Unless anyone can suggest an alternative, this means recreating all the rules. Yuk!

• +
    0 Votes
    netwrk_admn

Have you recently created a new PST (personal storage file)?

What do you exactly mean by 'wrong' folder?

+
    0 Votes
    kevin

The 'wrong' folder can by any folder. In this last instance it was a folder I set up called "Entertainment" but on a previous download everything went into another folder I set up called "Purchase Hold"

+
    0 Votes
    kevin

I backed up and then deleted all my rules and now everything seems to be working so I suspect, unless the problem comes back again, I have something wrong in my rules.

Unless anyone can suggest an alternative, this means recreating all the rules. Yuk!