Questions

Outlook (2003) email bug following Xp SP2 install

+
0 Votes

Outlook (2003) email bug following Xp SP2 install

alanb
We have recently installed XP SP2 on PC's we discovered were lacking.

We have received 2 reports so far (confirmed)that incoming (internal/external) email does not appear in the Inbox until triggered by another event, such as opening an existing message.

Has anyone come across this, and know the cause/fix?

Our email server is Exchange 2000/windows 2000
  • +
    0 Votes
    jknowles

I had the same issue. Turns out somehow all of my client computers had Windows firewall turned on after an update. Simply turning the Microsoft firewall off, on each client, in control panel did the trick.

+
    0 Votes
    alanb

Rather than turn the firewall off we discovered that adding the Outlook program to the exception list produced a more secure result - this we are applying through a GPO to ensure consistence across the domain.
    Thanks for the help.

• +
    0 Votes
    jknowles

I had the same issue. Turns out somehow all of my client computers had Windows firewall turned on after an update. Simply turning the Microsoft firewall off, on each client, in control panel did the trick.

+
    0 Votes
    alanb

Rather than turn the firewall off we discovered that adding the Outlook program to the exception list produced a more secure result - this we are applying through a GPO to ensure consistence across the domain.
    Thanks for the help.