Questions

Outlook 2003 Export Problem

+
0 Votes

Outlook 2003 Export Problem

tom
I have been able to export Outlook folders to Excel on my desktop with no problems. I've recently installed Outlook 2003 on my new laptop. When I try to export, the window where I choose the folder to export is blank. That is, I chose export to a file, then I choose Excel as the format, and then the next window tells me to choose a folder, but it is blank. I've tried other formats with the same result, so it isn't anything special about the Excel export. It's like it is looking in the wrong place. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
  • +
    0 Votes
    smartin

I fixed the same issue by setting the permissions on the folder I wanted to export. I made myself the owner of the folder and then the folder list was populated. I was then able to select the contact folder I wanted to export.

FYI

+
    0 Votes
    tom

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll give that a try.

+
    0 Votes
    tom

Thanks again for the suggestion. I checked the permissions, and I'm already the owner (and I'm the administrator) with full authorities. Any other suggestions?

+
    0 Votes
    JosiahB

I've just upgraded to 2003 and I'm experiencing the same problem. Has anyone found a solution at all?

Already tried the suggestion made here with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

+
    0 Votes
    mnhoff

I resolved the blank folders problem by simply running Disc Cleanup (File->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disc Cleanup). Ensure you delete "Office Setup Files" on all drives that may contain them.

For specific details, Microsoft Support Article ID's 825933 and 829985 helped immensely.

• +
    0 Votes
    smartin

I fixed the same issue by setting the permissions on the folder I wanted to export. I made myself the owner of the folder and then the folder list was populated. I was then able to select the contact folder I wanted to export.

FYI

+
    0 Votes
    tom

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll give that a try.

+
    0 Votes
    tom

Thanks again for the suggestion. I checked the permissions, and I'm already the owner (and I'm the administrator) with full authorities. Any other suggestions?

+
    0 Votes
    JosiahB

I've just upgraded to 2003 and I'm experiencing the same problem. Has anyone found a solution at all?

Already tried the suggestion made here with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

+
    0 Votes
    mnhoff

I resolved the blank folders problem by simply running Disc Cleanup (File->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disc Cleanup). Ensure you delete "Office Setup Files" on all drives that may contain them.

For specific details, Microsoft Support Article ID's 825933 and 829985 helped immensely.